Monday, August 31, 2026

August 2026

 August was a little too full but we came out of it alive so alls good! Work hard, play hard, am I right? Lots of people to serve and spend time with. Had to soak in the last bit of summer and time with Weston between work and school. Weston arrived August 9 after 3 months of grueling sales in Bentonville AK (glad he had his friend Ricky to ride home with). Jared has taken full advantage of having him around to go on horse rides, boating, and chores around his properties. I enjoyed some movie nights with Wes, speaking in portuguese, and his guitar and piano music in my house. He took time for friends, swing dancing, and roller skating. Savanna took advantage of uncle Weston babysitting Juliette, win win, Weston loved it. He left for Utah State yesterday and we really enjoyed having him around this month. 

Fiora and I have been training for a 10K in September and have gone on a couple long runs, one by the lake and one in the canyon. Beautiful run and bets running partner ever! Fiora moved from AF to Vineyard in a new apartment. It was stressful but better for her, lower rent and closer to work. Sadly for her she had to give her cat back to us so we have been taking care of Pepper and he seems very happy to have his garage lair back. Fiora and Savanna put together an un-wedding party for Fiora on Aug 6 and we had a wonderful party by the Highland Glen pond celebrating Fiora. Sav even hired Karli Sue to make a funny cake topper. Proud of her for getting through a tough breakup this year.

Savanna is still pregnant hooray! and the baby seems to be developing well. Their red car timing chain gave out and the engine damaged so they had to get a new car. Jared was an amazing help in shopping and negotiating and helping pay for a nice minivan for them. Sav and Mckay qualified for a decent loan and love their new car. I'm happy for them! and Juliette is as cute as ever. She is getting so smart and strong, imitating what we say and running everywhere. I babysit her whenever I can and Savanna sends the cutest pictures. McKay got a promotion at work and is doing an amazing job as a jewelry smith.

I went on a 5 mile run by myself one Saturday because Fiora was working and am proud to say I did an average pace of 10 minute mile! That is very good for me and a huge progress from where I was 2 years ago (barely able to run 3 miles together at 11 minute mile pace). When we had an Orange Theory class called "Everest" I was like "bring it honey." I conquered that treadmill mountain (bombed that master hill) and they let me hold the sign for the gym picture at the end. Also there occurred a MTC employee party at Thanksgiving point that Jared and I enjoyed and we went to the butterfly garden.

Rachelle and Betty Ann came to stay with us the weekend before Education Week at BYU and we celebrated Rachelle's birthday. Always a good time hosting some of our favorite people. Jared very kindly took Kaiya Wilkinson and a friend on a horse ride and we got to spend some time with Kaiya and Kyle while Rachelle was here. Of course, temple visit!

The highlight of the month was our quick weekend boating excursion as a family to Bear Lake. We got to stay in a single wide trailer of Jared's friends and have beach access. Jared went to a lot of work Friday prepping all the food and gear and boat. We stopped by the cemetery to put some lillies on Lillian's grave (her graduation day is Aug 22), hope she sill feels part of the family, and got up there 8:15 Friday evening. Poor Juju didn't sleep well the first night but we had fun to do the next day sleep or no sleep! The boys went fishing Saturday morning and Fiora and I did a run on the beach in the morning, then we all met up on the boat for tubing. It was so fun to have my adult kids "playing" together again. McKay did the knee board too! We played games in the afternoon and when the guys went fishing in the evening us girls went to Garden City to get raspberry shakes. Took our time Sunday morning and went to church. Great food, great company, great memory! We hope to do it every year as a family reunion.

Last week of the month was no less busy! Jared's friends from Montana (the Skaers) stayed the night Wednesday (Weston was going up and down with all the guests in Aug needing the basement, it was a lot of change of sheets!) and we celebrated Chad's birthday with all the Schauers that weekend and topped it of with a play with Kynsie and Jared and Sunday dinner with My parents, 2 siblings, Sav and Mckay, Kaiya and Kyle, and Lucy Carpenter who is up here for BYU. So many people to love and enrich our lives! We are truly blessed. 






No comments:

August 2026

 August was a little too full but we came out of it alive so alls good! Work hard, play hard, am I right? Lots of people to serve and spend ...