Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

May 2024 part 2

May 10-17 Part 2 
The very Saturday after we got back from TX we took off to St George for a day trip to see Trevan Carpenter perform in "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." My favorite musical and Hurricane theater did not disappoint. Trevan was of course my favorite actor. Kynsie and Jaren Raymond took me down, such a fun visit and lunch with just them, and Jared came from a little fishing excursion in Lake Powell to meet me there. We enjoyed going to lunch at main street cafe all together, even though they sat us outside and it was thunder storming. :) 

 Mother's day was very special this year! It's always special, my husband and kids go the extra mile on this day for me every year and I feel so loved and served by them. Savanna make breakfast of eggs benedict and Jared made dinner. Savanna did a treasure hunt for me to find my presents and they all surprised me with two barstools for my island finally after 13 years living in this house without decent barstools! Savanna got me a dress and shoes, I got a lots of pairs of shoes from Jared, and a beautiful fairy garden miniature model to assemble from Fiora. Showered with gifts and love, thanks Jared Savanna and Fiora! 

Weston wrote me a meaningful email too that I printed and put in my personal journal, such a beautiful and valiant testimony, and gratitude for my testimony. I will add one of his general May emails at the end of this blog post and some of his pics. Brazil had to live through some wicked flooding happing in Porto Alegre, Weston was out of that area and we are so grateful he is safe.
 
Lucy Carpenter was at the MTC on the way to Ecuador and I got to say a final farewell. I also got my nails done and my hair cut. 

 Then the party we'd been planning for two months, Savanna's birthday, pregnancy announcement, and gender reveal party! We invited family on both sides to come so everyone who could would be there for the announcement. Reserved a pavilion in South Fork in the canyon and made a lot of j-dawgs. A lot of people couldn't make it so we had way too much food, and we did not quite get the reaction Savanna was hoping for, but it was a good time nonetheless and perfect weather. Savanna provided a pinata to reveal the gender, and loaded it with a bunch of pink candies. We are so excited for our little granddaughter to join the family!
May 20 2024
What's up!! I hope y'all didn't miss me too much.

We're just getting into my 14th transfer, and some changes happened! I'll be staying a fourth transfer here in Capão do Leão and my beloved comp, Elder Pereira, has been transfered to Rio Grande 😭 and I've received Elder Lofgrin, an Elder from Texas so yeehaw. He's a very dedicated missionary, I'm lucky to have him. Kinda crazy that I trained an Elder from his group!! I guess that means I'm getting old now haha.

This last week was kind of hectic with the logistics of the transfer. We're still dealing with problems of the floods that have taken out of couple of cities and made travel extremely difficult. Transfer day was Thursday, but the majority of the changes ended up happening until about Saturday. We're also living with six elders currently in a very small house. Four of which work in our area, and the other two are staying here because their area is at risk of the floods. But I'm sure they'll be heading back at any moment, they've already been staying with us for about two weeks. 

My new comp and I have seen some miracles in the last couple of days, simply because we've refused to let the unwanted circumstances complicate our work. Sometimes the excuses we make can even seem valid to at some moments to not dedicate all we have to the work, but they will always impede our progress. Sometimes all it takes is thinking less about the problems and more about the solutions. Making a plan and letting the spirit guide has always been the solution on my mission, so I invite you guys to do the same! 

And that's about it for the time I have! Koodos to those that have stuck around even if just to see the pictures, I sure love each and every one of you and hope you have a good week!! Tchau for now!

-Elder Schauers 



No comments:

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family