Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Sunday, July 11, 2010

9 stitches









Well, we have had an interesting time over here. Fiora is all better, but last Sunday Jared and Savanna got sick with sore throats. They are both the type of people that if there is something bothering them you know about it. Jared hasn't been that sick in a long time. He took us to Toy Story Three on Monday, and was putting his arms in his shirt because he was cold, and then sat in the hot car when we got home for 30 minutes and slept. (That was just so weird, Jared HATES the heat!) It got progressively worse, Tuesday when Savanna was bothering to text me at work because her throat hurt so bad I finally took some time off the internship to take her to the doctor. Strep throat. I picked up antibiotics for them, and had to leave the 2 of them home that night while the rest of us went to Rachel's (my now 12 year old sister) birthday party. I felt so bad leaving sick kids at home (I mean, sick kid sick husband). Jared called someone over to give them a blessing, they were both really hurting.
My dad's birthday was on Friday so we all went to that party since Sav and Jared had been on antibiotics for 48 hours. We went to dinner and had cake and presents at my Grandma Rappleye's house after. When we got home Weston asked if he could ride his bike around the cul-de-sac. I went back to water the garden and after a short time I heard a little boy wailing and saw Weston riding his bike, crying, and bleeding. I dropped the sprinkler face down and ran inside. He had fallen off his bike onto the street and broke his fall with his face. His nose was bleeding, his lip was fat and bleeding, and his chin was split. We took him to the instacare and he got 9 stitches under his chin. When we asked him how it happened he said, "I was racing Mara and we ran into each other and I fell off." I hope Mara, age 4, is ok. This morning was the first morning Savanna woke up ans said "My throat feels better!" So that is happy news. Except now she is fretting because she is bored.

So now are we all wondering what ailment is coming my way? Maybe I'll escape all the sickness and accidents. But if not, know I'm going through enough torture riding through construction going to Sandy and back every day.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my! I hope Weston is okay now and that you guys are getting healthy! It's no fun to be sick in the summer!!

Breanne said...

I knew that they were racing, but didn't know that Weston got hurt! Mara doesn't tell me things.
I hope he's doing better now.
Sorry!

Cami said...

Oh my WORD! That is a lot. I'm sorry about all the sickies. Oh Weston! How sad. Ah well, another cool scar . ..

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family