Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Family Secrets

My brother Jesse and his wife Kelsey moved in with us this week. We are delighted to have them. In theory this should work out great, they pay a small rent and babysit once in a while, which will help me with my schooling. They are closer to work and school and can save some money, time and gas. But I think they are getting the rough end of the stick because we don't really have a downstairs apartment. A nice clean room is all that is down there, no batheroom and no kitchen. I don't mind sharing if they don't, what I didn't foresee is their being in on our family secrets. Like, Heather bursts into song during the day now and then. Sav Fi and Wes fight about 158.3% more at home than they do in public. Weston has massive boogers and unfortunately shows them to us before disposing of them. (Jared for some reason approves of this practice.) Doors get slammed here, what is it with kids and slamming doors? Weston wears only underwear more often than I like. My house is only clean about 35% of the time (that's a generous stat). Savanna is a heedless breaker (bless her heart, she always feels sorry about whatever she breaks). My kids spend more than an hour a day in front of the TV. I only mop once every two months and rarely dust. I could go on...but I hope there are a few things they won't discover and if they do at least YOU won't! :) Unless you move in and anyone is welcome! Hopefully Jesse and Kelsey won't leave shaking their heads, "Those Schauers..."

The kids started swim lessons this week. The weather is perfect for it this week! At first Fiora did not want to get in the water, which was odd, but a small doughnut bribe was all it took and then she loved it. I was thrilled to see all three of them so happy and having fun in their classes. It is a very worthwhile way to spend the summer days. And it does take time. Swimsuits, towels, sunscreen, baths, laundry, driving, getting doughnuts, all this on top of the actual time in the water takes up a good chunk of the day. But we love it!

We hope you all have a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!

6 comments:

Holly said...

LOL!! that is why you will never live in my house! if any of you found out what really goes on here........well maybe it would be a good thing, they would probably undersatnd why im such a crazy person.

Cami said...

Oh, good luck with that. We had some adjusting when Emily lived with us, but eventually we did great for 2 years! Of course, she does know all our dirty secrets, and she was single and gone a lot of the time . . . but still. She still likes us anyway . . .

Maria Olson said...

Hmm... Those secrets sound pretty mild to me. I don't think I could post ours. That sounds like a pretty good arrangement. Free babysitting is always a plus.

Johnsons said...

Heather, It is good to hear that you are human!! I agree, those secrets are pretty mild compared to ours. You guys are awesome to have them move in. I hope it works out for both of you. I am sure it will.

Stacy said...

Wow sounds great! Does that mean they are going to be coming to our ward? I hope so! We always need primary teachers!!!! Just kidding! Your secrets made me laugh! Thanks for sharing!

Carpenter Column said...

Now that is the best post yet - because none of us would want them to know our family secrets - they seem too good to know what's going on around here, so it's good they are at your house! j/k. Kelsy slept over here a few times, and boy, she was probably dying with us waking up at 5 AM with our boisterous work outs. Ha-ha!!!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family