Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

witches spell

We are on day 3 of Jared being away to scout camp. 3 more to go...
Monday a witch cast a spell on my kids so that at every given moment at least one of them was upset. Savanna was sad first. I'm not sure what set her off, oh yes I do, she didn't want to do her dish job. She moaned and cried for the longest time. Just about when Savanna was cheering up Fiora got all bent out of shape about something and thought it best to cry and thrash about my bed for 30 minutes. She didn't talk normally for the longest time, more like this: "Waaaa wanaaa mwaaaaa unahwaaaaaa." Nothing would calm her. I said, "There must be a witch casting a spell on my kids today." After Fiora clammed up Weston got mad because I didn't give him a round ball like Fiora's (we were making cookies and Fiora makes really round balls of cookie dough), he held onto his dough and cried for over 45 minutes. We tried to have a picnic in the back yard for FHE and play boola boola with the cookies and Fiora and Weston switched back and forth from upset to content. and Savanna said, "How DID that witch get in the house today?!" Their fighting pretty much ruined the evening.

I had had it, and Jared had only been gone 1 day! Tuesday I decided to give the kids something to complain about. I took them hiking, to the Y, at 11:00 in the morning on the hottest day of the year. Exercise, fresh air, beautiful scenery, and a big Y to see. Something I love and builds character. Savanna won the complaining award, she hated going up as it was hard, hot and too long. She hated going down, her legs were tired, the rocks slippery and she fell twice. Good thing I listened to the spirit and brought that first aid kit! Weston fell also and he needed two bandaids. Weston and Fiora did surprisingly well! They were just terrified of the bees that wanted to share our lunch. I was scared they would fall off the Y with all their jumping around avoiding bees so we ate our lunch walking down. Weston was tuckered out and slept all the way driving home and 2 hours longer. I credit Savanna with one nice saying, whilst resting in the shade on the trail, "Thanks for taking us on this beautiful hike mom."

More Quotes of the day
Weston: Mom I want to go play at Hannah's
Mom: Hmm, do you know where she lives?
Weston: Yes, she lives at her house!

Fiora: Mom, where does Jesse and Kelsy work?
Mom: At Nuskin
Fiora: Oh. Is that where they make new skin for people?

5 comments:

Cami said...

Oh man, my kids always do that when Jake is gone, even if only for an hour. They're perfect angels for hours and then he leaves the house for 20 minutes and everyone breaks down. Ethan is doing that crying forever thing too. He finds any small space and cries until he can't remember why and it takes forever to calm him down. Ugh.

Amy said...

I love the comment by Fiora about new skin...she gets me laughing every time!

Stacy said...

So how did the week go? I hope you survived! We should go do something and leave our men home to take care of the kids now!

Maria Olson said...

I really don't know how single moms do it. Your kids are extremely funny though. While you are having a hard time, I am laughing hysterically at what they are saying. Thanks for seeing the humour in it all so you can share with me and lighten my mood.

Grandma Sandy said...

I wish I had taken the kids down here this week. I have been lonesome for them. I suggested that the neighborhood kids have a carnival. Now they are bugging me but I said I have to do it while the grandkids are here...

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family