Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

To my Gorgeous wife on her birthday


Today is Heather’s 21st birthday. Though I never contribute to this blog, I want to share with you some of the reasons I love this woman.

Heather is b-e-a-utiful. When I first met her she had long, curly hair. She was tiny and in great shape. She still looks great. She doesn’t need make up to look good and rarely uses it. When she does put on make up and does her hair, she looks HOT!!!!

Heather is talented. I dreamed of a wife who could play the piano. When I found out how good Heather is at the piano, I was beat. Not only does she play the piano, but she also plays the flute and guitar. I am not done yet on the musical talents. Have you heard this girl sing? She has near perfect pitch and her voice is very sweet. She is irresistible when she plays me a love song on her guitar. Heather is artistic. Before we were married, I wanted her to draw me a picture of herself and she did. I cherish that drawing and the one she eventually drew of me. Her art is hanging on the walls of several homes. She has many other talents but I don’t want to brag.

Heather is a spiritual giant. She always wakes up early to study her scriptures, read conference talks, write in her journal, and pray. She has an excellent knowledge of the scriptures and is very close to the Spirit. I love the example she sets for me and for our children of a righteous child of God. Her testimony of the Gospel is strong and I know she truly believes everything she says when she bears it.

Heather is caring. Her capacity to serve and care for her family and friends is astounding. Many of you have benefited from her service. People can count on her for help with their children, a meal, an empathetic ear, and so much more. When she sees a need, Heather fills it. This characteristic will make her a great social worker someday. We have been married for 9 1/2 years and not a day goes by that she is not serving me selflessly.

Heather is an excellent cook. One glance at my gut and you will see how much I love her meals. She just keeps getting better as she tries new recipes and ideas. I am so grateful to come home to a nice meal after work every day.

Heather is an excellent mother. Some days, she gets down on herself because she didn’t spend enough time focusing on the kids. I just put them in front of a movie when I watch them but she gets down on their level and connects with them. When Heather was pregnant, she glowed and was absolutely radiant. She was beautiful through our trial with Lillian and continues to handle the work of motherhood with grace.

There are many other reasons I love my wife but I don’t want to bore you any further. I hope she doesn’t delete this post because she is so modest. If you know Heather, you know I am not exaggerating on this post about her many wonderful qualities and attributes, but am really telling it how it is. I am fortunate to have her. Happy Birthday Heather!!!!!!! I Love You!!!!

15 comments:

Johnsons said...

Heather what a sweet post. I agree with everything Jared said! Happy Birthday. I hope you have a great day.
It has been fun to catch up on your cute family. you guys are great!

Breanne said...

Happy Birthday Heather! I'm so glad that I have you for a friend.

Grandma Sandy said...

Wow. I am in agreement with all the great qualities mentioned. I am so glad we get to have Heather in our family (and that our son appreciates his sweet wife!). Happy Birthday, Heather...

Cassi said...

That was really sweet!
Happy Birthday Heather!!

Stacy said...

Right on! How sweet of Jared! I know after he wrote this that you had a fabulous day :)! Love ya lots!

Stephanie said...

You go Jared!! Happy birthday Heather. You guys are so cute, I love that Jared loves you so much! What a sweet marriage. Have a great next year since next year you will be 22:)

Maria Olson said...

Jared, You captured so many of the reasons why I love Heather too! She IS amazing! You are a lucky man. I am so glad you know.

Heather,
Happy Birthday yesterday! I hope you know how much I love you and how much you have meant to me over the years. Love ya!

Maria Olson said...

So you were like 12 when you got married. You do look 21.

Amber said...

Happy birthday Heather! (yesterday!) What a lovely post from your husband, he clearly loves you very much. I hope your day was wonderful!

Amy said...

Hope you had a very happy birthday Heather! You are such an amazing person and I just love having you for a sister in law!

Natalie said...

I agree with it all. Heather is one of those people who you want to be more like in so many ways. You are a sweet husband. A wife couldn't ask for a better gift than that post :)

Sara said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe I missed it. You will always be one of my favorite college roommates and I'm so glad that after so many years, we've been able to stay in touch. You are amazing!

Emily N. said...

Amen, Jared! Happy birthday, sweet Heather! Here's to the eternal 21. :-)

runningfan said...

I'm slow...but it looks like you had a great birthday without my well-wishes! So glad we've stayed in touch online!

Cami said...

I agree. Nice post Jared.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family