Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Savanna's 8

Savanna is 8 and for her birthday this year she was showered with love. Saturday the 16th we had a little friend party going miniature golfing and hitting the awesome pinata Gma Sandy gave her shaped like a giant flip flop. Here's my rushed and sad attempt at a cake. (I had to make it in a hurry the day before because of our "getaway.") It tasted pretty good. Then Jared and I took her out to dinner at Jason's Deli for a special one-on-two outing. She loved it. Wendy offered to watch the other two kids and invited us to stay and watch "Hotel for Dogs" in her theater after. The next morning Savanna requested omelets and Jared and I made her bacon onion cheese omelets, her favorite. We gave her a few gifts and then went to church. She got to be the reverence child and stand at the pulpit before the meeting began. After church the home teachers brought her some candy. Then (are you exhausted yet?) we took some dinner over to the Snow's home and had a dinner/party with all the Schauers. Unfortunately Grandma Sandy was battling some painful side effects of having a cancer removal procedure and couldn't come. But she sent up a gorgeous cake shaped like a lamb. So at least Savanna had one decent cake! Thanks Grandma. Wendy Snow presented Savanna with a baptism book and packet of symbols to remember at baptism, I may use it for a talk. She was given gifts and money from her aunts and uncles! By now I was exhausted. But you may have noticed the Barretts haven't factored in yet. My parents and siblings came over Monday evening and gave her even MORE gifts and love and we had a great dinner with them too. Savanna was extremely blessed this year. Age 8 is a big deal around these parts, and we are excited for this milestone and her baptism coming up June 6th. Savanna was crying in her bed last night and I impatiently asked her why, after all she had been so loved, and she said: "I'm embarrassed to tell you, I'm sad because it's over and I won't get any presents tomorrow." I translated that to mean she really loved her birthday--thanks everyone.



7 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow - sounds like fun! Those big families make birthdays even more fun! And your getaway looked like it was fun! Glad it was good weather for you guys!

Sara said...

Happy birthday Savanna! I think her crying that her b-day is over is pretty cute. And ps, the cake looks great!

The Snow Family said...

Fiora raved about the cake when she was reporting on the birthday party while you guys were at dinner. She said it was like a flower and loved how the candles were in each cupcake. The sprinkles were mentioned twice. Therefore, your cake qualifies as GREAT! I love you guys! Wendy

Amy said...

We sure love you Savanna! Glad to hear that she enjoyed her birthday!! She still has a BIG day to look forward to in just over a week!!

Maria Olson said...

I am glad Savannah had such a great birthday. I would cry too.

Stephanie said...

Holy cow, where does the time go? good luck next week at the baptism. Sorry we can't be there:). She is so big!!!

Cami said...

She is so big, I can't believe it is baptism time. What happened to our babies?

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family