Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Swimming and snowman



Weston succeeded in getting his father to build a snowman with him Saturday, Weston was very proud of it and drew a picture of the finished product. The next day it was a little melted so he got dad out there again to do some snowman maintenance.
Jared got us a family pass to the rec center at the beginning of January. The kids have enjoyed going to the pool this month, about 4 times so far. The first time I had a lot of fun swimming with them. The second time was a hassle, and I sat on the side most of the time. The third time I ran on the track and rode the bike machines while Jared swam with the kids. The fourth time
was quite a pain in the neck, Jared wasn't with us and Savanna had invited a friend, we only had 45 minutes, and everyone in Orem was at the rec center. I will need to allot more time and a helper if we go again.
The kids are doing well with the rigors of my school schedule. I just couldn't do it without Karli, and Jared's support, but I've been really impressed with the kids being so great about it. They wait for each other after school, come home all together, hand in hand usually, and are always so happy to see me. I got my internship assignments for my program, I'll be going to LDS family services Sandy office in the spring and summer and the Utah State Prison for Fall Winter. As much as I am learning now, I am sure I will learn a lot more.
This morning Jared opened his car door and the cat ran out of it! Yesterday he was cleaning his car and the cat somehow sneaked in there and Jared accidentally shut him in all night. It smelled pretty badly in the car, and we had to take care of the cat's business he left in the back. Jared was in a rage, I thought it was pretty funny, but of course I took it very seriously while we were cleaning it up.

8 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh I bet you were in trouble with that cat mishap. Since Jared doesn't exactly even like the cat! Weston's picture of the snowman looks exactly like the real thing. Cute. Have a good semester. LDS family services is dear to my parents and sister - they do amazing things.

LL said...

Your snowman is much better than ours - ours was maybe a foot tall, and the kids kept smashing his head to bits. I miss that Utah snow...too icy here to make anything half decent. :-)

Amy said...

Love the story about the cat, that just cracked me up! Hope Jared wasn't too upset, at least it made for a good story:)

Robin said...

Hey!Sure love catching up with you via blogging. Sure love you guys. Robin

The Snow Family said...

Is that cat still alive! and Weston is such an artist. I love you, Heather, congrats on making it to the next step of your journey.

Holly said...

oh my heck those sandwhiches looked amazingly good! and i love that snowman! and im sorry i laughed at the cat sneaking in the car too! i would have been mad at the time too though

Sara said...

I'm sorry, but that is funny about the cat! But I can only imagine how nasty it smelled. Poor Jared.

Cami said...

Oh My GOSH the cat! Yikes! Poor Jared.

I don't brave the pool alone or we might think of getting a pass. Plus, you know, my kids are afraid of going under water, so what's really the point?

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family