Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Friday, January 15, 2010

Grandma Sandy

Grandma with her newest wig




My mother in law, Jared's mom, has been battling endocrine cancer for a little over a year. After her chemo treatment in the fall she started feeling painful symptoms again. This was alarming to us so soon after treatment, the cancer seems to be very aggressive. She is back on another round of chemotherapy, it saddens us to watch her go through this. I just wanted to dedicate this post to Grandma Sandy as she has been in the forefront of my thoughts and prayers so much lately.

10 reasons I love Sandy:

1. She is a very expressive person, her home is decorated top to bottom with the neatest things, themes and holidays are represented in every room of her home. She is truly the heart of her home.

2. She loves playing with children, she has been an ideal grandma for my kids and all her grandkids. She has dress up time, tea parties, games, treats, and dancing with the player piano every time we go to her house. I am amazed with her patience with children and genuine love of their company.

3. She has a very positive attitude, even through chemo she has kept such high spirits (as far as I have seen!).

4. She is so proud of and so loves her children, she shows so much interest in all their pursuits and you can see how pleased she is with each of their accomplishments (for example, Jared catching 7 fish just tickles her pink).

5. She is a great cook, she can make a fantastic meal out of the meagerest of ingredients, it is truly a talent!

6. Her log cabin house is the greatest, and her green thumb makes her yard and flowers so beautiful every summer.

7. She loves traveling and carefully logs all her travels on video, in photo albums, and scrap books.

8. She has always loved me even though I was only married into the family and treats me like a daughter.

9. She has a strong testimony and shares it with her family. She has done her best to serve and magnify her callings in the church.

10. She is a great example of an ideal mother, grandmother, and daughter of God. My kids love her so much. And I Love her too!

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I like her too. She has a glow about her. I am sorry she has to do chemo again so soon. That really stinks. I hope things work out this time! You are lucky to have such a wonderful mother in law.

Amy said...

I copied your great idea on my blog:) Sorry I missed you Friday morning...

The Snow Family said...

Amen! Heather, I am so glad that you are my sister.

Grandma Sandy said...

Thank you for these sweet thoughts. I DO love you like my own daughter. This blog entry made me cry & want to try harder...Love Sandy

Natalie said...

I'm sorry to hear that Heather. I just found out my 6 year old niece will be having chemo. I can only imagine how discouraging that would be to think you were done with it, and then have to do it all over again. I hope she has the strength she needs to get through.

Emily N. said...

Sandy is the greatest lady! I'm grateful to have known her for most of my life and to know so many of her family. They are such wonderful people, those Schauers, and you were lucky enough to get to join in! :) I am praying for Sandy and for her continued strength and patience.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family