Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer Fun

I just came upon a LOT of pictures from Grandma Sandy, Heidi Carpenter, Amy, and Jared. So this will be a fun albeit lengthy post.

Gunnison. The annual 4th of July parade and party at Grandma's house. The kids slept in a teepee and play with Montana cousins and go to the local carnival there.




I Heather opted to stay in Utah Valley for the Freedom Festival 5K run and parade. My sister-in-law Amy and I ran among 3400 other runners and came in 1002nd with a time of 34 minutes and 33 seconds. It was awesome. The parade was huge and patriotic, and of course HOT, but we were able to scurry out of there quick without any kids in tow.


Fireworks scare Weston. He clamped his head with his hands every time he thought there was a chance of hearing any, which was the entire evening of the fourth while we were waiting for Stadium fireworks. The next night with all the neighborhood fireworks freaked him out so much he shut himself in Savanna's bedroom closet and fell asleep in the costume bin! I hunted the whole house before I found him, and personally I would be more afraid in a closet than in my room hearing a few pops! He is a funny boy. He got so tired last Sunday that during primary the 1st counselor caught him nodding off, and ultimately trying to keep his eyes open with his fingers! She found Jared and he let Weston sleep on him for the rest of church.



Josephs Baptism! My youngest brother turned 8 this year and is my last sibling to be baptized. He is such a handsome boy. We're proud of him and love him and his friendly and sweet spirit. We had a great big luncheon afterward and enjoyed playing games with the family for a few hours. It's fun at grandma Barrett's to see the grandkids all collect on the trampoline to eat their food.




Swimming lessons are still in session. The kids still love it and are doing well. Fiora refused to participate one day because her hair was curly and she didn't want to mess it up! But after a few minutes watching she decided it would be more fun to participate.





Rachel's Birthday! We celebrated my sister's birthday last night, she turned 10 today and is as cute as can be. I love my sisters and am so grateful to be part of a big family. I can't imagine life without any one of them.


7 comments:

Maria Olson said...

Looks like a lot of fun!Congratulations on the 5K. You look great! Your kids are as cute as ever.

Cassi said...

Wow lots of fun going on there!! And Heather you look great!! Cute haircut!

Amber said...

I didn't know you had an 8 year old brother!! That is so fun! My baby brother just got his mission call a few weeks ago. Time flies!

Holly said...

whoa! long post! lol j/k i loved it cute pics and congrats on the run your dong awesome heather! oo sorry i couldnt be there for rachels b-day but it looks like you guys had a blst

Cami said...

I don't think it was so long! I love all the pictures and stories. I didn't even TRY to get Ethan into swimming lessons last year, but I have him in one week this year. I'll be happy if he gets in the water.

Cami said...

Oh, and great job on your race!!

Breanne said...

I love the Weston story! And so cute about trying to stay awake in Primary :) I forgot how big your family was! What a great group picture.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family