Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Sunday, July 3, 2016

June part 2

June continued to be full of great memories~
Lots of pleasant evening dog walks and some with beautiful sunsets. Weston was ordained a deacon and now has the priesthood. He has been doing a great job so far going early to set up chairs, staying late to collect fast offerings, and passing the Sacrament. The Sunday after he went to Young Men's, he was invited to the primary to pick up another boy his age for priesthood, and the primary president asked the three boys there what their favorite thing about being a deacon was, and they couldn't' really come up with anything to say, when she came to Weston he said, "Well, I haven't been here too long, but today I had the opportunity to pass the sacrament and that was nice." What a mature and well said response! All adults are impressed by Weston. He came back from his 5 day scout backpacking trip alive and well, and I heard the leaders there were amazed by his lack of complaining (someone asked him on the hike why he was the only one not complaining about something, and Weston said, "It doesn't change anything so why complain?") his obedience, and his overall health. Yep, he is a fine specimen! While I am applauding Weston, I'll also mention that at the All American gymnastics pool party he was awarded with the Beau Bailey "athlete of the year" award by the coaches. Coach Matt said he was a great example they hope all the boys will follow. Way to go Weston!






Can't remember if I posted a picture of the girls after girls camp last post, so here that is. The leaders were very positive about them as well, said they were delightful girls. They had lots of fun.
Jared's father's day gift was a ride in the Uintas  in his Ranger Crew. It was bumpy at times but the scenery was well worth it! What beautiful country we have right in our back yard.
Fiora had a fun two days spending the night with Morgan and Megan Schauers. They went to the Provo City Center temple, had an outdoor movie night, and swam in their pool. It's fun to have them close. We've had a flu bug hit us about a week after--Weston and then Savanna got very sick--so the cousins have been prevented from hanging out for a while, last thing we want to do is get uncle Chad sick who is valiantly recovering from stem cell transplant!
Fiora and I were able to go to the Payson temple with my sisters, mom, and her cousins which was a very nice experience as well.









Random picture of Savanna's birthday dinner at Tucanos last month. Also Weston finishing his Mt Rushmore puzzle he got from Grandma Barrett. We had a nice bridal shower for Katherine Pugh, Seth Snow's fiance. Savanna really loves her and it was fun to shower her with gifts she registered for. We are excited to have Katherine join the family this weekend, they are getting married on my dad's birthday!


I am happy to report that the Barrett family picture day was a success. Everyone looked darling in their light, white, and neutral colors. It takes a lot of herding to get all 39 of us together but we did it. Perfect weather, nice dinner, all healthy. It was nice to be in the Cedar Hills park again close to where we Barretts all lived at one time. The bridge pictured below is where Jared proposed to me. We took several pictures with Savanna's phone on that bridge, and after I sent myself a few, she some reason deleted the rest, we were bummed, but I guess we have too many pictures of everything anyway. You will have to wait til next month to see the final family photo which turned out very pretty! I want it to be a surprise for my dad's birthday, and I think he reads these posts. But here are a few teasers.
















 The other part of "June take 2" is sad and ugly. We came home from church a week ago and one of the chickens had a huge wound on its back right above tail feathers. It had been hen pecked, resulting in all feather's gone over a 2 inch diameter of an open and bleeding wound. I learned in my chicken book that cannibalism will start if chickens are 1) salt deficient, 2) hot and irritable, and 3) have confined quarters and not enough pecking opportunity. Could have been all three conditions that started it, I hadn't let them roam outside the run because I didn't want them to ruin my grass or to be open to predators. We cleaned the wound with saline, dried it, and put ointment on it so she wouldn't' keep pecking herself and isolated Daisy (the victim) in a rabbit crate our neighbors lent us. Poor chicken. I was devastated that after all I'd done to protect them they had started hurting each other, I guess the 100 degree weather brought out the worst in them. There were two aggressive peckers that started after a couple other chickens so we had to let them roam about the back yard so they would stop. I let them out pretty much all day and they huddle back in their coop at night, so far they haven't been snagged by a hawk or eaten by our dog. But Sky sure does want to get them! We can't let him run in the back yard anymore, but we take him on two walks and to a park nearly every day. On the upside, they are producing 6 eggs a day now and enough to keep us from buying any more! I didn't take any picture of my wounded bird, trust me it wasn't pretty, but here are many faces of Fiora to keep you entertained.













 


No comments:

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family