Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

This Week



I've been gardening. I love this weather, hoping for no more frosts. Planted the starts that I sprouted inside this year. And I was pleased some of those seeds were cultivated from my last garden!


We have central air!!! My sister Holly is married to Bill, who installs furnaces and air conditioners on the side. He saved us a couple hundred getting and installing this AC, so we can rip that swamp cooler off our roof. As soon as we work up the gumption to patch the roof.


This week Weston has been asking me relentlessly to make him an Underdog costume. That means tape a paper U to his red shirt and tie a blue towel around his neck. The problem is he asks me to do it all over again when the U rips. He wouldn't (surprisingly) pose for a picture as Underdog, but he did a great Spider pose.



Savanna got a hold of my camera and took a bunch of pictures I promptly deleted. This one was funny though. Then she brought home her spring school picture and I loved it! Way cuter.

One night Weston wanted to sleep in my bed and I said no but he insisted. I asked him why and he said he was afraid of bad dreams. So I told him to say a prayer that Heavenly Father would give him good dreams. It must have worked because now he won't/can't fall asleep without praying. There's nothing sweeter than hearing him say his own prayers, I just stand outside the hall and eavesdrop. We were reading "OLIVIA Helps with Christmas" and he pointed to her having a hard time getting to sleep Christmas Eve and said, "She needs to say her prayers." That's right Wes.

Fiora lost another tooth, that makes two total. She got a dollar under her pillow and was excited. On sunday she brought a quarter to church, I told her to give that to me and why are you bringing money into church? and she responsibly replied "This is my tithing!" Really? Good girl, it was a little over 1/10th but I think she back owes on previous earnings so it worked out. My kids must be learning something from FHE and primary.

5 comments:

Maria Olson said...

Wow you will have to teach me the skill of harvesting seeds. That is so cool that you know how to do that. I love what your kids say and do. They are so cute.

Sara said...

I can't wait to have a little garden someday! That looks great.

Stacy said...

Savanna's pictures are cute too!

Stacy said...

Oh and when you do get enough gumption to do your roof - please come do ours too - it's been 5 years and still it's up there!

Cami said...

Cute picture! Love it. Great job gardening. I am a total black thumb. Horrible. That Weston cracks me up.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family