Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Friday, August 21, 2009

The "1st day of school" post



Yesterday was the first day of school around here. The kids were very excited, even Weston whose mom forgot kindergarteners don't start for a week later than everyone else. She's getting old apparently. Thankfully Jared reminded me of that point the first day of school. Poor Weston, he's just hanging around the house with only mom asking how many more days until he goes to school. I took him to the park for two hours this morning, I love that kid, I will miss him a lot this year.
Savanna and Fiora are just pros at school, they rode their bikes today, didn't even want me to come with or pick them up or anything. Fiora said, "Mom you said school was all day!" I replied it IS all day! "No, I want to eat dinner there and sleep there too!" She likes school. It is very strange to not have all three kids underfoot around the house, it sure is quiet with only Weston. My first day of school is August 31st, so I'm enjoying my quiet time while it lasts.

Here is fiora at her summer Gymnastics recital, my video camera wasnt working and we were too far away from the action to get a good still shot, but she did great! We decided not to put her on a team this year, we want to reserve as much "family" time as we can for the next couple years while I'm in school. So maybe someday, but not now. She is showing great potential though, I tell you.

3 comments:

Carpenter Column said...

Wow - those two are just looking too big now! I can't believe Lucy's starting next week! We'll see if Travis waits for her to start before he joins us. I don't know I sure have a lot of Braxton Hicks after a little membrane stripping that went on today!

Maria Olson said...

That is so great that they love school so much. We are getting old Heather. I still feel young though. I guess that is all that matters.

Cami said...

Sleep there? She DOES love school. My kids don't love early out day, and neither do I. Silly.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family