Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Haircuts and other stuff



This is long overdue. I took the girls out on Labor Day and we all got hair cuts. We got some pizza while we were waiting. It was a fun outing. My girls' hair grows pretty fast but it is very fine and neither straight or curly so it looks mangy when its long. They have been begging me to cut it anyway, so here they are. I got a hair cut too, shorter. Savanna and I took a picture of ourselves.
Weston and Savanna are both in soccer and its three times a week for both of them right now. Kind of driving me nuts, but Jared has helped take them to games. Weston is twice as good as he was last year, but Savanna is a new comer and struggling to keep up with the "Flash" girls on her team. She's getting better though! It's fun to watch a game with actual rules and positions.
Jared took me overnight on a school night to Park City. It was a take it or leave it opportunity, and since we have Karli, we took it. We went to a graduate dinner before and enjoyed some gormet BYU catering and a speech from the Dean of Graduate Studies. It was a fun event.

My mom and Grandma were kind enough to come to Grandparents day at Bonneville Elementary and visit all the kids' classrooms and eat lunch with them. I planned ahead and bought them lunches and mapped the school, but I was in school all that day and just left it up to them. The kids said it was really fun, so I guess it turned out well. Thanks Mom.
As school pace is picking up for me, Jared has stepped in to help with the meals. Even Sunday he made dinner. An invention he came up with called Pizza Style Pasta, including penne pasta, sausage and pepperoni, cream cheese, and marinara sauce. It was fabulous!

8 comments:

Stacy said...

Making up recipes? He is Mr. Mom. Cool. By the way I enjoyed yours and Jared's talks on Sunday. You guys did a good job.

Amy said...

That pasta sure looks good and so do your cute girls in their new dos:)

Robin said...

i love the looks on your kid's faces!! the haircuts are super cute!!

Maria Olson said...

I had no idea Jared had such hidden talents. That looks really good. I love the haircuts!

Carpenter Column said...

that all sounds pretty sweet and now a baby is cryin...

Eric and Shelene said...

Way to go Jared! I learned back in college...wait let me rephrase that...whe I started college I learned that pasta does not taste good with taco seasoning....so you can cross that one off your list of things to try. But check with Eric on his Squash stew recipe...it was FABULOUS!

Cami said...

It's so funny to see you with short hair! You are cute. Um, so you and Sav look EXACTLY the same in those pictures. Crazy!

Sara said...

Heather, you're a babe.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family