Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Who am I and what am I doing?

OK people. I've started this summer internship, and I have come to the realization that I was spending a lot less than 40 hours a week doing my school work. Holy committment. It just seems like each semester gets crazier and more demanding. I have never called my decision to go back to school into question until now. Its not a bad job--LDS Family Services Adoption team, its a great job and I'm learning a lot, but my "job" is to be a mom and squeeze in work whenever I can, not the other way around! Now I'm a Clinical Social Work Intern that audits files, backs-up adoption cases, and shadows interviews most of the time who squeezes in a few hours with my kids before they go to bed. Thank heavens for Karli. And Jared. He has twice had to leave his office because of sick kids. Fiora and Weston both have strep throat that turned into scarlet fever. (Yeah, Weston got it AGAIN, isn't that sort of uncommon?) He took them to the doctor this morning to get antibiotics and it turned into a three hour ordeal! I had been paid to go to a Utah Adoption Conference and had no choice but to leave my sick kids in his hands. I had to pray and pray last week for yet another confirmation that this MSW move was the right choice, and yet again I received an answer in the affirmative. So I have to let go of my worries and trust the Lord that things at home will be taken care of. I just didn't realize it would be so hard. I very much admire those moms who have to work while raising a family, no matter what the ages of her kids are. I did before, but I do even more now. Thankfully Savanna has managed to avoid the strep. Poor little kids, I hate to see them so miserable with rashes and raw noses and high fevers. Honestly the kids are transitioning better than I am, Savanna has made me a mail box and taped it to my bedroom door. She puts letters in there every day saying how much she loves and misses me. I thought it was a great idea and started putting letters in a mailbox in their room too. The girls love it. Weston doesn't really get into it much, but he draws me cute pictures too sometimes.


Mother's Day ironically fell in the middle of all this internship transition. My kids showered me with love and praise. Jared made me a stuffed french toast breakfast. We went to the Snow's house for dinner and the guys in the family made the ladies dinner. Then we went to Jared's mom's grave and had a family prayer. It was a nice day. I got my mom a big crock pot, she's never had one. Karli helped me pay for it. Mom called me when she opened it. I love my mom! She is doing such a great job taking care of my 89 year old Grandma and her five kids still at home, and her posterity is growing...my brother Justin's wife Kali is pregnant with a boy due in September, yipee!









2 comments:

Josh-n-Kim said...

I feel your pain..its tough to feel you need to be in two places at once...but know the Lord is aware of you and your situation and He will help make sure everything works out- it always does.

runningfan said...

I can't believe how much you are doing. I'm impressed! Good luck!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family