Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Helaman 1-3

I've been gaining a lot of self awareness in the past 2 years, and it hasn't been an easy journey. But it has kept the pride out of my heart. The book of Helaman is hard for me to read because of the pride that keeps entering into the pepole's hearts. If they would just take a good hard look at themselves I wonder if they would be so apt to think so greatly of themselves. I think one reason why the Lord allowed the Lamanites to come to war with them so often is because it was the only way to get them out of their pride and into an eternal perspective.

Some remained steadfast in the faith and kept God in their hearts and minds. Verse 35is how I have felt about my journey of self awareness. Sometimes the heat of the refiner's fire can be unbearable, but it leads to purification.

35Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God.

No comments:

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family