Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer fun

July went by furiously fast! The kids enjoyed swimming lessons for the first two weeks of July. I had meant to put Savanna in level 5, but somehow she was enrolled in level 6, and the instructor put her back in level 5 which I think hurt Savanna's pride a little, but she still had fun. She is a great swimmer and a great diver too! Fiora and Weston were both in level 3 and they both made their first attempts off the diving board and did great. Weston actually likes the diving! Fiora does not. In fact, Fiora doesn't really care for swimming at all, but at least now I know she can do it. I didn't take any pictures of swim lessons this year, by some miracle my friend Stacy Hanks had enrolled her kids at the same time and so I just loved talking to her every day at the pool at 11:30 for two weeks! and I neglected taking pictures. I found out during this time about my new job and Stacy took me to get a pedicure to celebrate! Fun times.




The girls really like my toenails, and Savanna wanted me to take her to get a pedicure too. I told her she would have to earn the $25 to pay for it first (mean) but then I offered to give the girls a pedicure at home (nice) instead and they both took me up on it. I even did the mint scrub and leg massage. It took a while but the girls loved it.

Last weekend Aunt Heidi Carpenter offered to have the kids over night so Jared and I could go on a 50 mile fourwheeler ride in Ephraim canyon. The kids have so much fun at Heidi's, she is a fun aunt. Jared and I had a lot of fun too, it was perfect weather and beautiful scenery. A big thanks to my mom and Heidi for watching the kids for 24 hours so we could enjoy the beautiful Utah mountains together.










The kids are continuing to have a fun summer. The next door neighbor girl Sydney Jensen gets along so well with Savanna and Fiora, they play together a lot! I'm calling them the three musketeers. Sometimes we have a hard time getting chores done in the morning, but I think we have finally got a system worked out so there is less arguing and more working. RULE: If chores and practicing are not done by 11:00 AM then you are restricted from playing with friends and watching TV/Computer for the rest of the day. The kids don't like it, they wish the time limit was 10:00 PM so they could mess around all day, but it helps mom to know the kitchen will be clean by at least lunch time.

Weston lost his third tooth last week! He was very thrilled and very bravely pulled it out even though it hurt. He got $1.50!

Our tree outside yields little plums, we picked them yesterday and had quite a basketfull. This morning the kids and I had a contest to see who could put the most in their mouth. Savanna won with 8 plums in her mouth!!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Wow! Those picts from your adventure with Jared are beautiful!!!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family