Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Thursday, October 6, 2011


My son Weston has an infatuation twitterpation love-afair with Ninjagos. He got two mini kits for his birthday this year and has been nuts about them since. Ever since his uncle Joseph got quite a few more at his birthday, Weston's eyes have been opened to the Ninjago possibilities. He is constantly asking me to buy him the Ninjago white dragon, and when I tell him to do chores to earn the $20 required to buy it he moans and hangs his head saying its "sooo hard." He comes up with every angle, "But mom, Joseph got all the Ninjago stuff for his birthday and I only got two little things." "But mom, Xander has the dragons and he didn't have to do anything." I try giving him the lecture about having to work for things in life, but I think he simply hears "no." When the book fair came to Lindon Elementary, Weston found a Ninjago guide book, complete with a blue Ninja attached tot he cover. He was beside himself! "Please mom go to the book fair and get me the ninjago book with the blue ninja!" I told him my appointment with his teacher was Wednesday at 5:00, and if he had been a good student I would consider it. He could barely wait for 5:00 to come around. He made me get in the car 15 minutes early and when we got to school said, "hurry run, we have to get it before it runs out!" So we ran into the school. There it still was to Weston's relief, and of course his teacher had nothing but great things to say about Weston, even his reading is spot-on grade level, so I rewarded him with his Ninjago guide and blue warrior. He was so happy he carried it carefully and begged me to hurry and go home so he could open it, and read the descriptions of all the ninjas and skeletons and dragons in the book. I couldn't believe a 2 inch plastic toy could make someone so happy. That night when he went to bed he thanked me repeatedly for his blue Ninja, "I'm just so grateful mom. I love you more, most, never ending no matter what you do or what you say!" I felt so happy as I tucked him in. It made me think how joyful Heavenly Father must be when we are that grateful for the blessings he give us. Today I'm thankful for Weston!

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

I have never hear of Ninjagos (which is surprising since my kids love legos and they love ninjas). They look so cool, and the name is so cool that I just want to say it out loud over and over. I think I could get hooked like Weston :-)

Robin said...

Join the club. Sometimes I wish we lived closer, as I think our boys would get along so well. They seem to be loving the same things at the same time! See you this weekend!;)

Heidi said...

That little sweetie! I loved reading that story - And I love how he filled the fireman's hat with water! lol

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family