Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Summer fun

Besides the birthday fun, the first two weeks of summer have already been packed full of other activities. We went to a free Lindon pool event hosted by UCAR, and cousin Lucy came and spent the night. Then we went the next day to the clark planetarium in Salt Lake, had lunch at Jason's Deli, and watched a Super Volcano movie in the Hansen Dome.  Jared has been fishing 3 times, Savanna has been to the Lindon pool 3 times, and Fiora went to Clear Creek. Sav was a little bored while Fiora was gone so I tried to find her some babysitting jobs, and Shawna let her come help with her kids all day.






Savanna continues with her nail art. She changes it every day, some designs are so cute I wish she would leave them on for a while longer.




Jared and I made a few changes to our kitchen dining area.  We have been using the table and chairs I inherited from my Grandma Barrett for 15 years, so we bought ourselves a new dining room table and 6 matching chairs. I love it! It has a butterfly leaf in the middle to expand for guests and the chairs are so nice. The inherited chairs had been deteriorating for a while and we kept gluing and nailing them back together, but the other day one just plain broke down, so we thought it was time for an upgrade despite the fact that the table is still in good shape. I think it will last for a good while longer, it is an heirloom so we will keep it in the family.  We also bought a new dishwasher, that was the only appliance we didn't replace when we moved in three years ago, and with all my cooking and cleaning we were running the old dishwasher twice a day and it was falling apart and very noisy. So Jared kindly bought me a new one, and now have all matching appliances in the kitchen. I have a very functional kitchen to help me with my lifetime of cooking and cleaning three times a day.We are so blessed.





1 comment:

Karli Sue said...

Wow sounds like lots of fun things have happened already! Can't wait to see what else happens this summer :)

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family