Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November

What happened to November? Well we survived it at any rate. Let's see if I can remember what happened.
Savanna had to see her school play "Once upon a mattress" and her good friend Aislyn had a part in it so it was fun to go see. Sav tried out but didn't make it, but she was a very happy and supportive friend despite this, in fact its been a long time since I've seen her as enthusiastic and cheerful as she was that night!

 Savanna also had young women's in excellence, a night of celebrating what the young women have accomplished in personal progress throughout the year. Sav had done a project over the summer but none of the value experiences, but was very humble on the day of the program to get out her journal and finish the value experiences so she could earn her Knowledge award.  She even made some sugar free gluten free bread for her display.


 Savanna gets a hold of my phone once in a while and gets some selfies taken. I don't even remember where we were going when she took the ones in the car, oh yes I do, we went to Kneaders to meet my parents to get tickets to a play at BYU.  Jared and I got to see "Our Town" and it was an excellent play with a great message and it woke me up to appreciating my life. I get so busy surviving I forget to live!  I vowed after seeing it that I would not ruin one more today by worrying about tomorrow. So far I've been able to keep the challenge, and its a nice way to live, we'll see how long I can keep it up.


 Weston, Fiora, Savanna, and Jared took a day trip down to Gunnison to see Grandpa Neil and Grandma Bonnie, Jared and Weston hauled some wood and helped take down a tree and the girls played games and watched movies. I spent the day at home catching up on some much neglected housework and started this year's gingerbread house, I worked a little too hard, that night my adrenaline level was so high I couldn't sleep.
At it again, lots of work, but lots of fun!

Weston won 2nd place at the Turkey Trot (1 mile race) at his school this week. He has some pretty good endurance to sprint that long. He won a 20 lbs turkey and was totally wiped out the rest of the day. Way to go Weston!

This turned out great...non sweet gluten free Strawberry coffee cake!
P.S. Thank you to all who offered prayers on my behalf this month as I've been back to the doctor for some more tests to try and determine why I can't seem to absorb my food. Nothing has been found conclusively yet, but I will write a full update if /when we ever find out why I'm bloated after every meal, can't gain weight, get nauseous when I eat and when I'm hungry, and have weird little ulcers and inflammation in my duodenum. I'm functioning fine despite it, ever sick but never dying! :)

1 comment:

Karli Sue said...

Way to go Wes!! I sure miss you heather and your family

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family