Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Wrapping up summer






Here we are at the end of summer break. School starts next week. We have worked hard and played hard. This week was "play hard and get read for school to start mode." We had some shopping to do, carpooling to arrange, hairs to cut, and Fiora got to participate in a personalized tour of the junior high where she will be attending. Her friend's mom is related to a staff member there so she got the royal treatment. Fiora is nervcited for school to start.

 Lindon City Days was the first week of August and Jared made sure to attend all the events he could. He says it feels like summer to him when he participates in the small town community events. I went to a couple as well. I didn't do the ones that require you to stay up late, like fireworks. But he and the kids enjoyed it all.
Weston showing his gymnastics calloused and scarred hands


Lindon Days rodeo







 Of course I'm still working hard in addition to playing hard, I still work my garden and make meals from scratch, here is a veggie pizza made with vegetables and herbs from the garden. I also made it to the end of summer break doing my "hike a week" and ever time I asked the kids to come too but only Fiora ever was willing to go with me.


 Another member of the family joined us this summer. Shawna had her baby and we were able to take her older three kids with us to play at the ward party. I even got in the Lindon swimming pool and played with my nieces and nephews. My kids were very helpful playing with them too

Samantha Kate Schauers was born August 7th, daughter of Justin and Shawna

 But the fun doesn't stop there! We visited Holly's baby and Heidi's baby Sunday and Fiora gave them their quilts she made herself. Then we took Heidi's kids home with us for a sleep over. They played together so nicely I was sad to tell them it was time to go home! But we had another fun obligation that evening. Savanna's BFF Aislyn's family asked us to go with them boating. We are not experienced water sports people, but we all tried our best to ski and wake board, the only thing we managed to do was knee board. A freakish storm hit the lake while we were out there so we had to cut it a little short. The little kids were disappointed we couldn't tube, but the boat ride was fun like a roller coaster anyway. They were nice to take us.

Jared: "My hairs not done"
Going boating with the McIntyres




In other news, Jared found some trac phone "smartpones" for only $5 so he bought them and asked if Fiora and Weston would like to pay for them and the service minutes so they could be theirs. Fiora and Weston jumped on the opportunity and have been very happy with their cheap phones. So all the Schauers have cell phones now! Hope they will be responsible with them.



Weston rocking his new ukulele, he picked up how to play that fast!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

What a busy summer! I love that Weston has taken a love for the ukulele! I only wish we lived closer so he and Riley could jam together :)

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family