Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Missed these

I missed a couple things in July because there was so much to post about. My sister Rachel left on her mission to Frankfurt Germany! I was able to have lunch with her at Chik Fila before she entered the MTC, and she was there 6 weeks and is already in Fankfurt getting used to the culture and being immersed in the language.  I'm proud of her decision to sacrifice her time for the Lord and I'm praying for her every day.







Also a funny story, Savanna all summer liked to stay out til midnight with her friends, but sometimes she came in before 10. Well one evening she came home around 9:30 and we all saw her come in and go downstairs, so we thought she was in for the night. She didn't communicate with us a whole lot in June and July. Fiora went to bed around 10:30 and checked the doors to make sure they were locked, and locked the door to the garage as well thinking she was the last one up. Savanna had actually exited the house unbeknownst to any of us, and came home a little after the midnight curfew to find herself locked out! She texted everyone in the house, no answer, she texted her friends, no answer, she texted all of Wendy Snow's family, no answer, so she ended up sleeping in her black car with a towel to cover her.
I woke up at 5:15 am and saw all Savanna's angry texts about being locked out, jumped out of bed and unlocked the garage door, opened the garage, and looked in all the cars to find her, but she was no where in sight. I went down to her room, not there. Was she in the back yard? I went back to my room to try and text her, and a few minutes later I heard the door open, Savanna was walking in, she had gone around back to pee on the grass while I was looking for her and came back around front to see the garage open! She tried to blame it on Fiora for locking the door, for Dad for not answering her texts, and me for always turning my phone off at night, but the truth of the matter was Savanna didn't tell anyone she was leaving, didn't call Dad or anyone instead of texting which would have woken him right up, and didn't tell Fiora to keep the doors unlocked for her. So it was mostly her own fault. Lesson learned though! She was mad and tired all that day but a couple days later we were laughing about her forced camp out.


No comments:

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family