Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, December 17, 2007

Fiora the Explora

(Sing to Peter Peter Pumkin Eater)
Little Weston looks his best in
Shirts and ties that he gets dressed in
hes so handsome we're not jestin
We love little Weston boy!

I came up with that rhyme for Weston and the girls wanted a song too. Their names were so hard to rhyme! This was the best I could do:
My Fiora is Like Dora
Wants to go to Bora Bora
Where she'll be a great explora
Wow Fioras quite a gal!

My Savanna ate a canna
nice a squishy ripe bananas
said Savanna these bananas
taste like manna Moses ate!

Savanna was reading me one of her books for home readers and when she does that she always stops and asks me what words mean when she doesn't know. Like "Skating Whiz," what is whiz? It means a pro, really good at it. But then the next page says "*whiz*, I just missed the lady!" so savanna says, "Pro, I just missed the lady." I say no, that means whiz by, or passed by really fast. But mom, you just said Whiz means Pro. Yeah well it has two meanings I guess. That just didn't make sense to her, so she continued to say "pro" everytime it said "whiz." Last week she was reading and asked me if gallop was the same as skipping. I was about to answer when Fiora jumped up and did the most beautiful gallop you'd ever seen across the living room. Wow! Where did you learn that? Gymnastics! Really? She can't do a cartwheel yet but that gallop is awesome. She even demonstated a skip for us too.

We took the kids to Aaron and Amy's cabin Saturday so they could go sledding. Fiora was last kid standing, over two hours out on the sled hill with Justin Jared and Aaron. Savanna surprisingly didn't like it much, even though she was the last kid standing last year. Weston surprised us too, by outsledding Savanna! Once he found his groove, there was a certain sled he preferred and a certain style, face first on his belly with his legs up in back. It was super cute! Aaron put chains on his four wheeler and pulled us up the hill so we could get more sledding time in, and Amy fed us soup for lunch! It was a fun day.


2 comments:

Cami said...

Oh that looks like lots of fun. I love your songs. You are good at changing words. I still sing, "Deep in the hundred acre towers, where Cami-a-reno plays, you'll find the enchanted living dorms, of Cami's college days." Awesome.

Sara said...

That looks so fun! I can't wait to go sledding with my kids. Soon I hope!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family