Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Friday, February 8, 2008

Beds, buildings, and a puppet theater

This has been a busy week and gone by quickly. I tried a yoga class on Monday at my friend Stacy's persuasion and liked it, although it made me quite sore! I got an A- on my first midcourse exam and just took the 2nd midcourse this morning. Also...

It is my turn to teach two weeks of preschool for Weston and his friends. I made a puppet theater out of our deep freezer's box we never bothered to throw away. I thought it would be a big hit, but the preschoolers were only moderately impressed. It was a lot of fun for Savanna Fiora and Weston for family home evening though!


We got Weston a new big bed. I was proud of myself for finding the "Schauers deal" this time. We got a matress and box spring for $129.00 and the black cottage style headboard for $99. Anyway that was the best we could find for all new items.


I thought it appropriate to buy the girls bedspreads while shopping for Weston's, after all they've used toddler blankets up till now for their covers. It took a lot of convincing to get one of them to take the green one, my personal preference, but Fiora settled for it with a small bribe attached. They have both made their beds for three mornings straight!


Jared's company Home Basics is building a commercial building on State street and the builders just framed the 2nd story. It is exciting to see some progress on that! And here is a slideshow of our sledding trip last weekend, Savanna and Fiora got a hold of the camera on the way home and took some interesting candids too.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Tanner loved the puppet show! And his puppet, Mr. Nutritous! Very impressive theater! I like Weston's bed - I still haven't seen your new bedroom set from Black Friday - post some pictures of that!

Sara said...

Cute beds! I also like the green bedspread.

Cami said...

I think your puppet theater is awesome. My kids are always unimpressed with things I think they'll be impressed with too. Little nerdies. Great job on the beds, and bedspreads. I've been trying to get my boys to come pick out bedspreads with me, thinking they might actually use them. But Jeffy is set on only a sheet and Ethan on only the blanket he used in his crib. It's very distressing.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family