Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day/Birthday

Now and then my birthday falls on Memorial Day, and this year was one of those times! I can't think of a better way to spend my day than honoring those who have passed on, especially Lillian. Unfortunately it started raining on us at the cemetery, but we got some good pictures before that. Amy and my parents brought flowers for Lillians grave which was very thoughtful! My mom even brought a pinwheel. The cemetery was quite beautiful with the thousands of flowers everywhere.





(Yes, these pictures were taken on a camera phone. Jared got a new phone that looks more like a miniature lap top than a phone, and he uses the camera feature a lot.) So I'm 30 now. My birthday was nice, the Schauers all sang to me at Aaron's cabin Sunday night and we had cake and icecream. Monday my friend took me to breakfast at IHOP and Jared took the kids for two hours so I could study and exercise, and my family came over and threw me a barbecue. Jared grilled me some steak and he did a lot of cleaning (he almost did it without bringing attention to his work, until he had to unload that diswasher a 2nd time). Thanks sweetie! My grandma and siblings bought me an Italian Leather triple to go with my Italian Leather Bible that I had received as an employee gift at the Distribution Center. Just what I wanted! We played mormon rook and I won! It was a relaxing and enjoyable day.


5 comments:

Holly said...

HAPPY 30TH HEATHER WOOOOHOOOOO. sorry i couldnt be there but dinner was great wasnt it! and sweet lil lilian that is so cool you got her lillys to put on her grave. and nice camera phone

Cami said...

Happy 30th!! I was just thinking how your b-day was on Memorial day. I wish I could have celebrated with you!! I was just one day too early. Argh. Hope it was great!!

Sara said...

Happy birthday Heather!

Maria Olson said...

I did actually think about you on your day, but it didn't get past a thought. I'm glad you reminded me to wish you a happy birthday. So, Happy Birthday, Heather! You are the greatest and I hope your day was very special like you! Love ya!

Johnsons said...

Happy belated birthday Heather! I hope you had a great one.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family