Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Don't say Wow yet

May is over, and school is out. Savanna is having a tough transition, of course. She constantly wants someone to play with and something to do. She has been the source of quite a few conflicts over here. I have suggested several options, special reading place, practice the piano, draw, ride her bike...this last one was a bit painful. She finally learned how to ride a bike without training wheels yesterday after lots of tears and a few bruises. I had to take the training wheels off Fiora's bike to make it happen (easier balance on a smaller bike) but Savanna can do it now and we are all happy. But don't say wow yet. Unfortunately some dude in his car yelled at her to get out of the road so she is a bit wary of riding in the street! And she has a hard time on the sidewalk staying in a straight line. But she'll get it. I just hope she grows into her bigger bike quickly so Fiora can have hers back soon.

Weston invented the phrase "don't say wow yet." He likes to show me things but hates it when I say "Wow Weston" prematurely. Example: he was twisting on the swing and insisted I watch him twist and let go and spin, but said "don't say wow yet" about ten times and was all finished looked at me as if to say, "now you can say it." Sometimes he'll even say, "Say wow now."

Weston has started summer soccer, he was so cute in his shin guards and kicking the ball. There was a lot of standing around, and the coaches had to snap him back into action a lot (literally snapping their fingers in front of his face) but it was so awesome when he got to do a drill. I think he loved it.


Fiora thinks because Savanna is always trying to go play with friends that she can do it too now. The problem is I have to take her which I don't like to do. I shipped her off to Lexi's by herself yesterday to test her ability, and Lexi's mom called me worried that Fiora was lost or left without my knowing. So we're still in "arrange a play-date" stage with Fiora I guess. Fiora's a pretty free spirit, when we go to a family outing she is absolutely defiant about leaving when we say. She loves to play and socialize with friends and family. If there were any kids living next door to us she would be at their house every day. I guess it's good we have to arrange it, or she would never stay home.


I have started teaching the girls about daily chores, they are required to do a dish job every day. I get lots of complaints about it, and Fiora has dodged it a few times and sat in time out as a result, but it's wonderful when they do it. I make sure the dishwasher is empty, and their job is to make sure the sink stays empty (put all the dirty dishes in the dishwasher). This morning Savanna commanded everyone to put their dish IN the dishwasher everytime, but she forgot about the "dishwasher is clean" factor.

Savanna was pretending to be Jared this morning. She put his earpiece on her ear and said, "Hello, this is Jared with Home Basics Real Estate." pause "Oh you need a house? Just turn right at the highway intersection and go straight to the canyon." I got a good laugh, so she made me swear I wouldn't tell Jared. I have to write it here in hopes Jared will read it someday without me acutally telling him. Savanna got a hair cut for the summer, it is pretty short! We are trying to grow her bangs out. She is a beauty. I will post pictures of her hair and her riding Fiora's bike ASAP.

2 comments:

Maria Olson said...

Your kids are so cute. Weston has grown up so much.

Cami said...

Oh summer. No fun. I wonder how Jefferson will take it this year now that he is much more social. SOunds like you are keeping them busy. Weston in soccer already?? Crazy.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family