Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mothers Day and gardens

Sunday was fun. Jared and Savanna made me breakfast, french toast and fruit smoothies! Then I was given some nice gifts, a windchime and a pair of running shoes. Savanna was thoughtful all day, she would say, "Mom, don't you DARE clean this mess, it's Mothers Day!" and stuff like that. Weston was careful not to demand too much, only an occassional cup of juice. Fiora gave me lots of loves.

We had a nice dinner at the Barretts that evening, my parents gave ME a mothers day gift, funny. Chocolates and a new scentsy bar. Holly gave me chocolates too! It was fun. We celebrated Mother's Day with Jared's parents Friday evening at Golden Coral. All you can eat restaraunts are against my principles currently (I just finished a sociology class that constantly focused on the overweight epidemic in the US) but that's one of Jared's FAVORITE places to eat. So it was fun, Jared ate enough for both of us to get our money's worth.





Jared's father tilled our garden for mothers day, which was most helpful! We spent most of last week digging up sod, weeds, and rocks from a small plot of land by our deck and with perfect timing Neil was there Friday to till the dirt. I even put Jareds worm farm in there to irrigate it. Now, if we could get some consecutive warm days to heat the soil I could plant the seeds! The back yard looks so much nicer with the garden landscaping, trimmed rose bushes, and Jareds weed-eating and my lawn mowing. It is a fun place to play and relax.

3 comments:

Johnsons said...

What great mothers day gifts!! Your yard looks awesome. I hope you had a great day, you deserve it!

Cami said...

Great gifts! I need new shoes too . . . I'm glad Savanna is getting into the mother's day spirit!

Sara said...

Sounds like a great mother's day! I wish we could more often "don't you dare clean that mess." I'd be in heaven.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family