Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Busy Busy Busy




This hot tub is so fun! It is my anti-anxiety medication. The kids like it too. Savanna set a record to sit in it at least once every day. Jared and I have had a learning experience keeping the chemicals regulated, but I think we're getting the hang of it. We are excited to share with friends and family, so if you want to come over and relax please do!

The kids finished up their last school week of 2010 with a Christmas sing and parties and treats. I wasn't able to see Fiora and Weston sing, but I got to see Savanna sing "Pablo the Reindeer" because 4th, 5th, and 6th graders sang on my day off. She was a cutie singing her heart out up there. Weston sang "I want a hippopotumus for Christmas" and Fiora sang "Up on the Housetop."


During this busy last week of school, Fiora got THE DISEASE. It is a bad stomach bug that makes a person dry heave, throw up, diarrhea, and just plain feel miserable for 24 plus hours. Fiora started it, and it spread to me, then Jared, and Weston, and today it hit Savanna. So dealing with sickness has added to the fun this past week or so. Thankfully Fiora got better before the last day of school when she got to make her gingerbread house. Savanna and Weston's classes did white elephant gift exchanges. There are lots of sweets around!



I had a crazy week last week, I had finals and working at the prison, and the one day I had to be home I got THE DISEASE. So this week I've been trying to catch up on Christmas stuff. I got this idea from a friend of mine a couple years ago to make homemade chocolate covered pretzels for Christmas gifts. On Saturday I finally got a chance to try it, and just tonight I finally got a chance to distribute them. It was a labor of love!






It took me 6 hours. I melted carmel in an electric skillet, and twisted it around pretzels, then melted chocolate and coated the pretzels with it, and sprinkled them with green sprinkles. The kids wanted to help which made things take longer, and somehow I burned the white chocolate I intended to drizzle over it, and most of the green sprinkles got spilled all over the floor. I ran out of carmel and had to run to the store in the middle, but thats when I got this brilliant idea to use peanutbutter chips instead, which was easier to melt and in my opinion turned out tasting better. I made about 100 pretzels, put 4 in a bag, and viola! Yummy pretty treats.

4 comments:

runningfan said...

Those pretzels look delicious! Great idea!

We've had three kids with The Disease at our house this week...no fun!

The Snow Family said...

You continue to prove that you are some sort of super woman with Hermione's time changer. What is up with that?! I am so very proud of you sis!

Cami said...

I've done pretzels before--it is a labor of love for sure! Looks like you've been crazy busy! What is this about a hot tub. I'll have to read further down. Sorry about the disease. We all got it too. Awesome.

Merry Christmas!

Natalie said...

They were delicious! Thanks!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family