Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Saturday, December 11, 2010

December hours

Well now it seems I need to catch up. November was pretty snowy. My kids have fun in the snow. I'm allergic to cold and never play in the snow, but I like to take pictures of them playing and Jared snow plowing.



This is how I've been spending my time, or part of my time anyway, in a classroom with my other 36 fellow MSW students. The other half is at the prison in my internship. I am 2 finals away from completing this semester, and I'm already a little sad that I'll be graduated soon. I will really miss this cohort!


CLASS OF 2011

Jared decided to buy a BowFlex one day, he didn't consult with me or anything! I know, shocker. But the funny thing is it didn't come for months and Jared thought it was out of stock and we pretty much forgot about it. Until it just showed up on our porch this week and the invoice hit our account. I guess we won't be renewing our gym membership next year, and hopefully it won't just collect dust.



When Jared decided months ago to buy the BowFlex I made some comment like, "Why don't you put our extra money to good use and buy a hot tub!!!" I have always wanted one, and its my favorite thing to do to relax myself, and being so stressed this past year has made my desire increase for a powerful relaxing coping skill. I did not expect that guy to take me seriously, but he started pricing hot tubs on KSL, and did so for 2 months. Of course, Jared doesn't buy anything unless its a special product at a special price. A couple weeks ago he announced that he found a hot tub perfect for our family in Midway for $1500. I was shocked! It was black Friday, and instead of hitting the stores we all drove through the canyon to Midway. An old lady was selling her hot tub because her husband who has Alzheimers was the only one who ever used it, in fact, he bought it without telling her for $3600 new less than two years ago and she was worried he was going to drown in it because he would get in it at 3 AM in the morning. It was kind of funny. Jared talked her down to $1200 (1/3 the purchase price!), and picked it up a few days later. So Merry Christmas to us.


Cleaning and getting all the water out was the first step. Electrical upgrade was next, which cost more than we thought, but needed to be done anyway.

Then we filled it up, and I was getting excited, and we went to the spa store for chemicals.

Now its heating, as I type! We regulated the chemicals and PH and alkalinity, and we are just waiting for it to get to a lovely 104 degrees. Jared and I had to do some research on spa care and chemical regulation. At first it seemed complicated and I was wondering why I was getting into more work just so I could relax. But I think it will be well worth it. Jared and I promised not to get each other anything but this for Christmas. The BowFlex just happened to come around Christmas time so maybe that too.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow Heather! That looks like tons of fun! Congratulations on the presents! We need to catch up soon - when your finals are done and you have a few extra hours! I hope finals go wonderfully!

Emily N. said...

I would love a hot tub too! Merry Christmas to you guys! :)

Cami said...

YAY! I want BOTH of those things for my house. Oh well, we'll just have to have a hot tub party at your house. :)

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family