Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanks be to our God







THANKSGIVING AT THE BARRETTS. My brother in law Bill made a TurDucken, that is a chicken in a duck in a turkey. It took 12 hours and a lot of work. I was in charge of veggies, easy. We got a puzzle out to give Grandma Rappleye something to do while we cooked, and it ended up distracting half the family and we were late getting dinner on. I forgot my camera, so thankfully Heidi doesn't mind that I copied all her pictures off her blog. It was a fun day and we are very grateful this year for our many blessings.

Jared and I feel so blessed, he has done well in his business this year, and I have had a life changing experience with school and internships. I thank the Lord every day for his abundance of blessings. Working at the prison makes a person so grateful not only for freedom, but for family and resources and the gospel and education. IGNORANCE and WANT are unfortunately a plague in our society that we would like to pretend are not there, and I have seen them up close and personal this past year. I've been doing my best to serve and help, but feel my efforts are so meager against the tower of disadvantage some of these people face. I've turned to the Lord and keep moving forward.

THANKSGIVING ABC's. We are grateful for...
Alan, Atonement
Barretts, Bill
Carpenters, Christmas
Doctors
Exercise, Education
Fiora, Faith, Family
Grandma, Gabe
Holy Ghost, Heather, Heidi, Holly, Home, Health, Holidays
Iron Rod
Jesus, Jared, Jesse, Justin, Joseph
Karli, Kathy Sue, Krystal, Kynsie, Kali, Kelsy
Love, laughter
Mothers, Music
Nature, normal health, nice people
Optimism
Priesthood
Quiet time
Repentence, Rachel
Savanna
Transportation
Utah
Violin lessons
Weston water
Xtra helpings
Yards to play in
Zoo (our family gatherings are like a zoo)

1 comment:

Cami said...

Very fun. I've never had Turducken, and I never will unless someone else does it! We do puzzles too--very fun.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family