Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Dinosaur museum

I had a busy week as usual last week and came home Friday thinking, "I don't do enough fun stuff with my kids. Soon they will be too old to want to do fun stuff. I want to take them to the dinosaur museum tomorrow!" I told Jared my idea, he has principles that go against spending over 5 dollars on anything for a kid, but I was resolved in my determination to do something fun and educational with my children that they are going to grow out of in a few years. So on Saturday we were off!












The kids loved seeing all the dino bones and trying to pronounce all the names, but by far and yon their favorite part of the museum was the water/sand exhibit. They spent an hour making islands with trees and dinosaurs, dams, pathways, and dino burial grounds.







We had to leave the exhibits halfway through to have lunch, sandwiches I made and brought so as to not waste more money, and then we walked back through to where we left off. Of course, we ended in the paleontologist exhibit where the kids get to dig/brush out dinosaur bones from the ground. They liked that, but then we went back through the exhibits so they could spend another 30 minutes in the sand/water!





Can you believe Jared chose fishing over this exitement?!? We spent 4 hours there, it was worth every penny. And the kids thanked me more than once for taking them.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I love the dinosaur museum--if you ever want to go again, let me know (I have a pass) and my kids love going whenever I am willing! It would be fun to catch up as well. I really miss our Orem neighbors.

Amy said...

Looks like a fun time and good memories! Glad you had a good time.

Emily N. said...

I'm glad you have principles too! Jared can't always be right. ;) Way to stick to your guns and to make such a fun day of it.

Cami said...

BAH! Why didn't you call me? FIRST of all, I live 5 minute away, SECOND, I can get you in for half price. When you want to go again, let me know. My kids have been asking.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family