Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Update

LILLIAN

Lillian's would-have-been 4th birthday was the 15th. We took Lilies to her grave and sang happy birthday. We had cupcakes later. I just have to thank Stacy Hanks and Heidi Carpenter for remembering her every year and sending us a thinking-of-you text!

WESTON

Weston went to the dentist to see about his teeth grinding issue. We learned bruxism isnt diagnosable until you are 18, and that teeth grinding is common among children who are growing. He gave no teeth guard, but he did put in 4 sealants which boosted the bill. Weston feels at ease now to sleep without a mouth guard, although he may still grind those teeth.
Weston is continuing on as a very bright first grader. He likes to go to school on pizza day. In fact, he came home from school sick today and is hoping tomorrow he is better because its pizza day. Weston is still doing gymnastics, and likes to get in the hot tub and practice the piano and read. Its so fun to see my kids when that reading-ability light really turns on, he kind of struggled at the beginning of the school year but now is doing great.

FIORA


Fiora is doing well. She is an extraordinary speller, she always gets 100% on her spelling tests. She quit gymnastics, mostly because it was on a night I couldn't take her, but partly because its hard for her. We are looking for another hobby to enroll her in, but for now she is taking a break from extracurricular activites. At least until mom graduates. Fiora is already thinking about her birthday party, and the subsequent baptism that will occur this year.

SAVANNA



Savanna had her 4th grade program last week, she sang an Indian song called "The Indian Tribes of Utah" and did an excellent job. She also did a great square dance with a boy named Brigham--woo woo. She went to that boy's house after school once, and I didn't even know where his house was, and had to track her down. She is becoming a very independent woman. Savanna is still doing violin lessons, and enjoys activity days with her primary class and drawing pictures on her homework instead of doing the problems.

Jared and myself are doing well. Jared took the kids down to visit grandpa in Gunnison so I could write a paper. They had a very fun time playing in the snow and eating pizza and ice cream with Grandpa. Time is going by very quickly, I am trying to enjoy my children and school and be grateful for all the wonderful things in my life that are speeding by.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Heather, I can't believe Lillian would be 4 - I think of her often with such tender feelings. Your kids are growing up way to fast!

Robin said...

Heather, you continue to endure through the hard times that have come from the loss of your daughter. My heart goes out to you as her mother. You are a wonderful example to me.

Carpenter Column said...

I love the picts I'm getting here! And I will always remember Lillian! She has probably helped me through some hard times.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family