Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, June 27, 2011

New House


We have had a very hard working busy week trying to prepare the Orem house and the Lindon house for the move. Jared has had little sleep and lots of work trying to keep his business running and getting appliances, prepping the basement of the new house for new paint, trim and carpet, getting plumbing issues taken care of, and preparing his stuff in the garage for moving. I've been in charge of packing the house and caring for the children of course. As I was dragging tired children up to the house the night before we moved, vacuuming so carpets could be cleaned, and runing to Walmart, then installing shower curtains at 10:00 at night, I was wondering if this whole ordeal was worth the work and why were we is such a big hurry? We found great renters for our new house, but they don't need to be in until the 15th of July, so why were Jared and I killing ourselves? Saturday morning many many people came over to help us load the moving van and deep clean the house. We were so grateful! As I was unpacking kitchen items in the new house with my dad, I started feeling so excited. I love my new house! I was then glad we moved in as soon as we could, I love every single day I get to live there. I still feel like a guest in a luxury condo, its weird that I never have to leave! Its wonderful. This morning I went running along the canal and was so overjoyed with the beautiful area. The neighbors and ward members are wonderful too, we are grateful to be in such a nice area. I wish I could express my gratitude to everyone that helped with the move. Here are some pictures I took before the furniture and boxes arrived.




Entry when you walk in the front door.






Formal living room where vintage couches will go.






Bedroom






Master bedroom
Master bathroom






Family room




Kitchen



Stairs to basement that is under construction




New fridge Jared bought us for this house.





I will post pictures of everything when we are settled, and when the basement is finished, and the back yard which I love. I have loved going outside in the morning and watching the sun rise on the houses, the view from our back deck goes all the way to the lake. It all worth the work and it is work! We are so blessed.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations on your new home! I can't wait to see it once you are all settled!! Looks great already.

Cami said...

Oh! It looks so lovely. Look at all those built-ins! (Do not rip them out or I'll never talk to you again.) :) It's so exciting. Good luck with getting settled. I know it's hard!

Robin said...

Yay! I am so excited for you! I am hoping that we will get to have a tour when we are in town this weekend!;)

Kaylee said...

I love it! Everything looks so pretty and that kitchen is AMAZING! I'm glad you found something/somewhere you love.

Mitchell's said...

How exciting for you and your sweet family! That is such a fun thing to move to such a great place and neighborhood. You will make so many memories there!

Heidi said...

Beautiful house! I'm glad you are getting settled. Thanks for the blog invite with the new address! It's much simpler for me to access now.

Andrea said...

awesome! I need to come see you and the house since you are only 5 minutes from me :)

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family