Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

That time again

School, blessed school, has begun again. Heavenly Father has been watching out for us this year as we transition to a new school. Savanna miraculously was put in Mrs. Coyle's class, who was her teacher for third grade in Bonneville and who transfered to Lindon unbeknownst to us and happens to be teaching 5th grade this year! We were all delighted, we love her and Savanna had one thing to look forward to amidst many scary things. Fiora and Weston were put in with great teachers too, it was by the luck of the draw, but I never hear anything but great praise for both Mrs. Rolph and Mrs. Clouse and so far they are doing wonderfully well in these classes. Fiora continues to read and spell two grade levels above her grade, but in other subjects she is at her grade level. At Lindon Elementary they offer an Accelerated Learning Lab that I may see if Fiora qualifies for next year. Fiora has two friends she knows in her class, Carston Roberts from Orem and Lydia Nolte who lives across the street, so she feels comfortable at school. Weston had a rough first couple days at a new school trying to learn new rules in a different setting. Each day after school Weston's report got progressively more positive though, and I think he is doing great now. I knew my clever kids would adapt well! I was fortunate enough to have a lady in the ward approach me about a carpool so I don't have to drive and pick up the kids every day from school (its 7 blocks down and 4 blocks over and I'm a little nervous about having them walk that far, maybe on occassion but not yet). This is also nice in case I have a client scheduled right at the time I need to get the kids so I can call on the carpool ladies to cover for me. Jared, like every year, stayed to take the kids to school on the first day and took pictures. I love that about him! He's fun like that and I'd probably never do it, and miss these cute pictures.









Pros and Cons of School vs Summer
Pro: I have 6 hours of time to work, clean, rest, organize, and regroup
Con: I have 1 hour 20 minutes of scurring and keeping kids on task every morning geting ready to go
Pro: My kids are learning and having educational experiences daily
Con: I have to make sure they read every evening and sign every reading log and keep up with homework assignments
Pro: I don't have to enforce chores
Con: I have to do most of the house chores myself now
Pro: I don't have to worry about making everyone lunch
Con: I have to pay for school lunches
Pro: Kids need structure and schedules
Con: I have to be structured and watch the schedule
Pro: I don't have to be watching over them constantly, and I know I don't have to worry because I trust the Lord and have faith everything will be alright
Con: I still have a pang of worry and a little sadness each time I drop the kids off at the school, they are growing so fast and I just pray they are well and happy at school while I'm not there to watch over them.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

LOL I love this list!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family