Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, September 26, 2011

Soccer 2011




I am so proud of my kids this fall! They really played their hearts out in every soccer game. Savanna was mostly goalie, but only because no one else on her team wanted to do it. She said before every game she gets butterflies in her stomach. But she plays very well, and its so awesome to see her get right in front of the ball and block it from the goal. Fiora has completely overcome her fear of soccer and really gets in there despite being tripped and kicked and stepped on. I have watched her do a complete 180 degree turn from hating to loving soccer. She plays whatever position her coach puts her in but seems to like midfield best so she doesn't have to pay attention to staying on one side of the field. Weston has scored a goal in almost every game he plays. He is improving on his follow through and definitely runs toward the ball. He is good at kicking it between the legs of his opponents. Way to go kids! We made it through fall soccer. Until next spring!

4 comments:

Rachelle said...

So cute! Sounds like you have some go-getters! (So far I have grass-grazers when it comes to soccer, but hopefully the quints will change that!)

Amy said...

Good job kids! Way to go!!

Heidi said...

K so I love the deck - and I put random comments on your posts that I have taken too long to read! I want to try that watermelon waffles idea too! OH, and thanks for that super nice comment on my blog! You actually commented on the second to last post! lol Had to make sure you saw the ones of the Monterey County Fair! :)

Heidi said...

Hi Fiora! This is Lucy! I just read your journal entry about picking plums! That picture of you with the plums in your mouth is funny. I miss youso much. Nice hair cut! I am going to grow out my bangs. I am starting soccor in 2 weeks! It is really fun here - I hope that it is fun in Utah without me. How is Savannah doing? There are racoons here! And gophers. Once I saw a gopher at school. My teacher is Mrs. Daugherty. I have a best friend named Michelle. I want to be there with you. I wish I could have Halloween with you. What is it like in Soccor? I love you so much. Bye Bye. ♥Lucy

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family