Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, November 28, 2011

Blessings





We were blessed this year to be invited to Grandpa Neil's and Bonnie's home in Gunnison for Thanksgiving. We relaxed, made good food, ate more good food than was good for us, and looked at sales adds for Black Friday. Bonnie has a very nice home and a nice family too! They all bustled around and put on quite a production while us Schauers' did our best to help where we could. Bonnie's son in law made two deep-fried turkeys that were super delicious. And all the pumpkin and pecan pie we could eat for dessert! Yummy.
It was a quite pleasant day for late November, so a good part of the time we were in Gunnison was spent in the park. Weston played football catch and punt with Jared and his newly acquired cousin Braxton. The girls played on the playground with their little cousins Lexi, Ainsley, and Bella. I went back and forth visiting where there was someone to listen to me. :) Jared played football in the morning and afternoon.




Friday morning I actually got out the door at 4:30 am to do my Christmas shopping when things were on sale. It was very Black outside the whole time I was out, but fortunately there weren't too many crowds to contend with. Many stores start their "door busters" at midnight now so I hit 5 stores in 2 1/2 hours easily and am happy to say I'm done with my Christmas shopping. Jared did brave Walmart at 10:00 PM thanksgiving day and amazingly came out unscathed with the purchase he wanted. Jared also got us a Christmas gift: our very first TV (he bought it right in the middle of thanksgiving dinner online, but good thing he did because it sold out shortly after) at a great deal and we are excited about it. We left our projector and screen in our Orem house so this will be a nice addition to our basement family room.
The kids were anxious to get the Christmas tree up that very Friday so we got out all the decorations and made the family room very festive. Savanna Fiora and Weston were very helpful this year. Even Jared strung some garland.



We have been so blessed this year! We are grateful for many blessings from our Heavenly Father~
1. Good family, extended and immediate
2. Healthy children
3. A nice home
4. The hot tub (Heather)
5. Heather's job
6. Jared's business
7. A little fishing boat (Jared)
8. Renters
9. Hawaii trip
10. Graduation
11. Our Savior
12. Missionaries
13. Trust and love in our marriage
14. Children developing talents
15. Access to healthy foods all year round
16. Vehicles that function well
17. Computers
18. Good teachers and a good public school
19. Good neighbors and friends
20. Another day to live on this Earth!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I am glad I realized I needed to correct my grammar on that last comment so I could see this update! Yah for your Thanksgiving! And I just found out about Neal getting remarried from Jared last week! That is great!

Rachelle said...

Looks like fun! I really can't believe how old your kids are getting---the girls look all grown up!

Amber said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! Heather, I need to send you an email... and I need your new address. Could you email me at ambertadd@gmail.com

Thanks!!

Heidi said...

I'm glad you had a happy Thanksgiving!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family