Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Thank you Jared

Dear Jared,

I thought I'd write you a letter telling you thank you for the wonderful Valentines Day this year. After 12 years of marriage I have come to expect very little on this day because I know your sentiments on giving flowers (they end up in the garbage) and gifts (buy what you want) and candy (I don't eat candy). I wasn't feeling very Valentiney myself this year, because I'd exhausted my resources on Fiora's birthday the day before, so I was glad we mutually expected nothing from each other on the "day of love."
But what a surprise I was in for! You woke up early and had breakfast with me and the kids, then you did the dishes! You got Fiora and Weston out the door so I could go to orchestra with Savanna, which you do every Tuesday but it counts as a service this day anyway. You met me for lunch at Kneaders, a restaurant you know I love but you don't really care for. Then you came home at 5:00 and sat down to dinner with us! I don't know if I remember the last time we had breakfast, lunch, AND dinner together! Then you so kindly offered to take Savanna to her violin lesson and put gas in my car for me. Then you sat in the hot tub with me and gave me a back massage. All my cares melted away that day. I'd take all that quality time and service over a flowers, candy, gifts any day!

Thank you,

Love Heather

1 comment:

Cami said...

Sweet! My V-day was horrible. I refuse to post.

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family