Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Birds Beds and Bikes




This spring has brought two blue jays that think they own our whole yard.  Maybe they were here first, last spring we didn't live here, but they are hilarious.  They are fearless, in our garage and on our deck, and they tease our cat mercilessly, they squawk and swoop down on Link at least 10 times a day, it looks like they are trying to peck him and drive him away, but he isn't going anywhere.  It is the funniest thing to watch.  One of these days they are going to regret that, because Link has killed more than a few birds in his days.

Fiora loved her new bed so much she wrote me a thank you note

Fiora has been sleeping on two mattresses with no bed frame ever since we moved here last June, but anyone who knows us (well Jared) knows that we can't just go out and buy a trundle bed frame, we have to wait for the right DEAL to pop up.  We got this bed frame with a perfectly functioning pull out trundle for $80 on KSL classifieds.  Fiora loves it and it looks great.  Yay for a new bed for Fiora!

 Fiora's glasses broke two weeks ago and we had to go through the rigamarol of a new eye exam and ordering frames.  So she had to wear the broken ones with tape on them for a while at school.  Annoying.  She has pretty bad vision and can't function without her glasses.  The new ones arrived Friday and she was a happy camper, a beautiful one too.

bike ride along the canal
I think I already mentioned but didn't have a picture of when we took advantage of the nice weather one saturday and took the kids on a bike ride. The trail was really bumpy and Weston's bike is too small for him, so he was unhappy for most of it, well all the kids were unhappy for most of it, but we did it.  It was a nice ride in my opinion.

Savanna and her teacher Cathy Webb

One of my greatest joys is playing duets with my kids.  I got to accompany Savanna at her violin recital on one of my favorite classical pieces "Musette."  She also played "Gavotte."  Savanna has improved so much since her last recital, I love it. Also can someone tell me how I can make her stop growing?  She already looks like a young woman!
Fiora had a big week, she had a piano recital, got new glasses, and lost a tooth all on the same day. She is our late loser and has just lost her bottom eye tooth.

1 comment:

LL said...

Hi Heather,

I never comment, but I do stop in and read when I'm waiting for the bus to drop off my son. Your kids are so cute!

I thought I'd comment because you guys had broken glasses and needed to get new ones. One of my boys wears glasses and he goes through them almost as quickly as socks. In Wisconsin we bought glasses at Shopko, and their policy was that they'd replace the frame, free of charge, as many times as he broke it for one year, and they'll replace the lenses once per year. I think we went through, like, 8 pairs of glasses but only paid for the first pair - it was a great deal for us! Now we've moved to Georgia and there is no Shopko here, so we're off that gravy train. But I've found an online shop (zennioptical.com) where I was able to get 3 pairs of glasses (complete with upgraded lenses) for $80, including shipping. Maybe your daughter is more careful with her glasses, but I thought I'd put this out there, in case this is a regular problem for you.

Glad to see you guys are doing well! Hope you enjoy your summer!
Laurellee

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family