Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Camping Carpenters


My sister Heidi Carpenter and her husband Gabe offered to take our kids with her kids (Lucy, Trevan, Travis) camping this past weekend in AF Canyon. I am sure it was a lot of work for them, but it was really nice for me and Jared! They reported that it was a good time, and at least all survived.  The kids had fun chopping fire wood, making s'mores, going on a nature walk, and telling spooky stories before bed. They all were plum tuckered out when they got home, Savanna's fuse was super short, Fiora kept staring into space, and Weston sat like a slug in front of the TV.  Poor kids having to come home and do kitchen chores and take baths after so much fun with Aunt Heidi and Uncle Gabe.   
Gabe showing the kids how to chop fire wood

The girls

Warming her, uh, self

Savannas favorite, cheesy polish dogs

Sav loves to take care of cute Travis


Jammies, Heidi said Weston was ready for bed before dark, and used her water bottle to wash his toothbrush!

And here is fun aunt Heidi

goofy faces

Fiora always has the best expressions

The boys

Here is a cute one of Fiora
Jared and I took advantage of the kid-free weekend, he took me to PF Chengs for dinner and then we saw "Hunger Games" in the full price theater.  That was a well done movie, but the overall content gave me nightmares. In the morning we went on a 16 mile bike ride to the Highland Glen pond.  Then we did some yard work together.  I didn't realize how much I needed that time with my husband until I had it, so nice to have a non-busy Saturday together!


I was feeling weary on Sunday. Sometimes just existing is difficult for me what with my Hypoglycemia and PMDD, so everything else I have to do besides existing gets overwhelming.  My mom gave us a Sunday dinner lesson for Mother's Day and shared this poem that really helped me get through the next day.

Don't Look Around--Look Up

Take your eyes off your problems, look up to Him,
God's presence is with you, even in the din!
Confess your bad mood and He'll cleanse your sin.
He is your God--Look Up!

He will show you how to order your place,
He will give you direction as you seek His face
He wants to pour upon you His anointing of grace.
He is your God--Look Up!

Keep your eyes fixed on him; He is your Stay,
He is your Wisdom for problems each day,
He will bring His presence right into your fray.
He is your God--Look Up!

Each morning He comes as the refreshing dew
To revive your body, and your spirit too,
He is your deliverer and he'll make you new,
He is your God--Look Up!

By Nancy Campbell

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I am such a nerd for not realizing you would be posting this and not looking it up sooner!! I love what you put together here - love the memory too! Glad you guys had a good time. :) Thanks for the dinner afterward too!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family