Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Lots to blog about

When you get behind, sometimes is a bit overwhelming to write a post, but I'd better do it before the year expires! Here goes...
Week 1

Weston got really into origami and checked out 5 different Origami books at the library at school, and everywhere you went in the house there was folded up pieces of paper of some creation or other!

Fiora had a clogging performance at the Provo Beach Resort and did the best job she has ever done clogging, and looked beautiful too!  She was right on the beat, smiled pretty, and totally got into it, and I was a proud mommy.



The kids and I have enjoyed "hot tub season" and this is where I found savanna when she was supposed to be doing her kitchen chore one evening.  She brought friend Syndey so I couldn't just kick her out without looking like a mean mom.

We had grandma over for dinner and had yummy pork nachos!  We always love having her for dinner.
 Week 2: The Wilkinsons visit!


From December 11 - 16 we had the privilege of hosting my cousin Rachelle Wilkinson and her family while they were here for her sister Tiare's wedding.  She has 7 children, 5 of which are quintuplets, so we had quite a crowd at the Schauers bed and breakfast!  We absolutely loved having them stay with us. Shown in this picture is Riley (left) Kaiya (back) who are the older two kids.  Savanna and Fiora became instant friends with these two.

Rustin and Ryder, those two loved Life cereal!

Weston and Kassidy

Having fun in the hot tub!  Kaydence, Ryder, Rustin, Kynall and Kassidy
 
The older kids' turn, Riley Savanna Fiora and Kaiya

Bed time!  These monkeys didn't like going to sleep, but they would always go to bed!  I had a lot of fun telling them bedtime stories and tucking them in more than once a night. :)  Kyndall, Kassidy, and Kaydence

The big snow storm hit while the Wilkinsons were here, Riley Savanna and Weston went to the park to sled but Kaiya and Fiora were content to make a snowman in the front yard.

Jayson and Rachelle were busy busy busy!  They snuck in a breakfast double date with me and Jared to Kneaders the last day they were here.

It was so fun to reconnect with Jayson and Rachelle, we were all good friends 15 years ago when we all went to BYU.

I so love my cousin Rachelle! She is like the older sister I never had.  I really enjoyed catching up her again and getting pedicures and laughing together.

Savanna was a big help, she had a tea party with the quints while we were at breakfast.  They loved it!

Kyndall

Kassidy

Kaydence

Rustin, it was hard to get a decent picture of this active boy!

Kaiya and Fiora enjoying a movie!

Here I am at Tiare's wedding with my cousin Christine, waiting in the snow for the bride to appear!

Grandma and my lovely parents

Tiare and Thomas, she was a beautiful bride!
The reception was beautiful and amazing!  It was a catered dinner at the Skyroom at BYU.  They even had a photo booth for the guests to enjoy. I was asked to play the piano at the reception, and every two minutes or so one of the quints would approach me and ask me to stop playing and when we were going back to my house.  It was so fun to get to know them and form little attachments with them.  I hope whenever they come to Utah they will say "lets stay with cousin Heather!"

At the reception, Rachelle and her beautiful girls

Ryder!

I bought the quints activity books to entertain them on the way home. I made the mistake of telling them they had gifts under the tree the first day they were here, and they asked if they could open them about every hour of every day they were here.  Finally the morning they left we let them open the gifts!  For all that anticipation I wish they were better gifts than just coloring books!  They still acted happy about it.

Rustin hugging his dino coloring book

I got Riley and Kaiya a card game and snacks as well.

Trying to get a good picture of the kids before they left, ha ha

There we go. Thanks for coming to stay with us Wilkinsons!  I loved feeding, playing with, bathing, reading to, and tucking in your kids!  Rachelle and Jayson left a big gift on our table when they left and we are waiting til Christmas to open it.  We are excited.
 Still week 2: what we did besides host the Wilkinsons
Fiora had another clogging concert!  Kaiya came with.

Mom and Dad came to see Fiora clog! We only stayed for the first 45 minutes, too much going on, but I was so glad mom and dad came to support her.


Weston had his Candy Cane Classic Gymnastics meet!  He did a great job and got 9.0 on floor routine, 8.5 on pommel horse, 9.4 on rings, 9.2 on vault, 8.1 on parallel pars, and 9.6 on high bar.

Weston and his trophy
The Ward Christmas party!  Jared wasn't feeling well, that also happened this week, so I took the kids to the "Night in Bethlehem" by myself.  Savanna participated in the program playing the violin and we had a nice dinner and enjoyed the very decked out ambiance of Bethlehem recreated.
Week 3

I decided to cut off the remains of my perm I had done last January, shortest I think I've ever cut it. I like it though.

We visited the French's for family night and saw her giant gingerbread house.  It is a work of art!


She has miniature everything you can think of, I wish I could have shrunk myself and taken pictures of the inside.

The detail is amazing, I sat and looked at it for 30 minutes and always found something else I didn't see before!

Out to dinner with grandma again. 

Kids got a hold of the camera

We were at the Smoke house, we had coupons

Grandma and Me
Also, I have been slammed with clients the past two weeks.  It has been tricky trying to fit all that work in during busy December, but its also a blessing.  I really love my job, and I think my boss is happy with my work. 
And last but not least... last night my sister Krystal got her mission call! We trucked clear out to Eagle Mountain to see her open it.  She has been called to serve in Independence Missouri!  We are so happy for her, she will love serving in that historic spot in church history.

Whew, I might have missed some details, but that will have to do for now! 

3 comments:

Kaylee said...

Wow, lots going on at your house! I really LOVE your new haircut--makes you look EVEN younger and so cute! And I am excited for your sister to get her mission call to our neck of the woods; the people there are amazing, she will love it. Hope you guys have a great Christmas!!

LL said...

Love your new hair! Super cute!!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas!!

Peggy said...

LOVE your hair!!! Really cute!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family