Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Sunday, April 28, 2013

No title

OK here's whats happening around the Schauers house. The only soccer picture I have taken this spring is one of Fiora and her friend Sydney, neither of whom play soccer, but who came with not to watch Weston play but to spend money on concessions.  Anyone tell I am a little burned out of soccer?  Some mom's stick with it for years but I'm seriously thinking after this year no more. Weston unfortunately is on a team this year that struggles, and he has never had that much raw soccer talent to begin with, so now that he is on a team of boys about the same good as he is, they lose every game and its a real drag to watch and he is just discouraged afterwards. Maybe time to move on to basketball or something inside so I don't have to sit in the freezing cold to watch it.
Savanna made a bunch of cookies and I made a castle and she put the cookies in the castle and took it to school for a medieval project. Yes she was supposed to make the castle herself, but she couldn't formulate the grand ideas in her head into something we could actually make, and making it out of cardboard and tin foil didn't appeal to her, so I said "Fine you think of something else to make a castle out of and I will work on this awesome box and tin one." She could not figure out how to make a castle from other resources in our home, and procrastinated enough that when due date came, she just happened to like my castle enough to use it, but to her credit she did paint the door and windows.
I held my spring recital last week for my 6 piano students. Sav played a number on the violin as well. I always wonder during lessons why I'm doing piano teaching, I'm super busy and sometimes I wonder if I need to cut out some good things in order to make room for better things, but come recital time it makes me so happy to see the progress these kids have made. I think it is worthwhile.
My sister in law Kelsy held her baby shower last week, I got to help prepare the food, and it was the most beautiful shower I've ever been to!  Kelsy had the house decorated prettier than Christmas, and the food she picked was beautiful and delicious,and it was fun to be with my sisters and mom and aunts for a couple hours. I should have gotten a close up shot of those fruit waffle cones.
I added a picture of Savanna (aka Violet from "Incredibles") with her long bangs. She rarely pulls them back for some reason, those darn bangs are always hanging in her face, I don't know why she likes it like that but I think in 10 years she will be like "what was I thinking?" so I wanted to take a picture of it. Savanna spent all day at "Jump on it" yesterday.  She went with friends and was gone for 8 hours, and we were a little worried as to her whereabouts, but she didn't need any punishment, her body got sick from overexertion and sore muscles were all the punishment she needed.  She was in pretty rough shape this morning.
Fiora took this awesome picture of two deer in our next door neighbor's back yard. They are there every morning and sometimes in the evening too. The house is currently vacant and i guess they have somehow learned that, but we are right next to them and active enough I would think to keep them away.  Maybe they have also learned we aren't going to hurt them. The last picture is just a fun one of our family.





 






No comments:

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family