Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter

Pretty Savanna, my sunshine


































We all have our days when we crash and burn, unfortunately that day was Easter Sunday for me. Good thing days are fleeting, and thankfully the day before and after were good. The day before (Saturday) my parents and siblings came over for a candy egg hunt and firepit dinner, and we had a lot of fun!  In preparation for this Jared and I and the kids scooped up 5-gallons worth of deer poop that had accumulated in our backyard over the winter. That was the most excrement I had seen in my yard at one time in my entire life! Weston was so funny, he kept complaining about picking up deer poop in the hot sun, but when we finally finished he stayed in the hot sun and played basketball anyway.  He is getting to be a pretty good shot btw, he beat Jared at Speed a few times on the basketball court. The kids and I had fun coloring eggs for the hunt, and after the kids found them I deviled them up to go with dinner.
I had a major headache on Sunday and it was a busy day so our immediate family traditional egg hunt Sunday morning got pushed back to the afternoon.  I put little toys, money, and notes to the kids in their Easter eggs instead of candy and I was looking forward to it all week.  When I finally gathered up my strength to do an egg hunt for the kids, somehow my brain didn't get the message it was supposed to function because we hid and lost an egg that held a relatively expensive ninja turtle lego figure inside for Weston. This was very frustrating to me and we all spent a good part of the afternoon looking for it. The Snow's hosted a Schauers Easter dinner that evening, I almost didn't go due to my head. But I'm glad I went because Wendy Snow reminded me that I have a really awesome collection of 12 eggs Grandma Sandy made for us that hold symbols of Christ inside them, with scriptures to match, so Monday I found them and we had a great FHE lesson opening those eggs. We will remember to get those out next year ON Easter to think about the Savior, and no more buying little toys to put in eggs we hide and potentially never find again!
PS Fiora is frowning in most of those FHE pictures because she wasn't in a good mood, but she still enjoyed the activity and engaged in reading scriptures and opening eggs. But for the record, Savanna is usually the one in a bad mood during FHE.  Just seems to be the case that someone is unhappy when we try to have meaningful family time!

No comments:

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family