Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Wrapping up before School started

Weston had his last class of "easy" gymnastics last week.  He has started the team prep class that is 3 hours long 3 times a week and has some nice callouses and very sore pectoral/shoulder/lat muscles to prove it. The pictures are of his "Flip Flop Classic" on August 17th, which wasn't a competitive meet but rather a fun meet for the rec classes and he only competed against himself, getting a blue, red, or white ribbon for every event. He did great on every event but the vault, somehow he freakishly missed his vault, which I've seen him do perfectly several times, grrr. I had to ask myself--if I get that frustrated over a "fun meet" I wonder what kind of a wreck I'll be when he is actually competing on a team! He is a tough little man. His coach gave him a recycled trophy because he got blues on every event but one, and he put his own name on it and proudly displays it on his dresser.






Miss Fiora has been a ray of sunshine this summer. She doesn't go find friends to play with hardly at all, she prefers to stay at home reading her books and playing her computer games. She has a really good friend named Jaquelyn who she invited over for a late night a few times, but mostly she was content to hang out with mom or weston or sav, whoever was home. She practiced her typing diligently every day of the summer at my urging, and is proud to report (or maybe ashamed to admit) that it paid off because at school yesterday she typed at a 23 WPM speed, and at the beginning of the summer she was only 15 WPM.  I took her on a mommy daughter date at Texas Road House and we enjoyed sharing the ribs and an onion!

My brother Justin's wife Kali graduated from the nursing program this summer and we went to her graduation.  We are so proud of her for persevering and finishing that program despite having two babies in the middle of it all!

Work really slowed down for me during the summer so I had some extra time to do "housekeeping" with my job. I created a workbook for my child client cases, its much better to have a "curriculum" of sorts when doing therapy with kids for a myriad of reasons. All my clients have treatment plans, but adults take the session where they want to, children look at you and do what their told to do. So its nice to have an outline prepared in advance instead of wondering whenever a kids comes in "what do I do with them today?" I also had time to audit files and create a new treatment plan template that works with the DSM5 that came out this year. My bosses gave me a basket of carmel/candy covered apples, thanking me for my extra work. That made my day, and I gave them right to my kids, ha ha.
Otherwise the last week of summer was spent being lazy, knowing that lots of work was impending for us all just around the corner! Fiora and Savanna spent the night down in Gunnison the last weekend with cousin Baily and enjoyed some Gpa Neil and Gma Bonnie time.







No comments:

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family