Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Karli's Wedding

 After Christmas day it was back to work, because we all had assignments to help with my sister Karli Sue and her fine fiancee Grant Searcy's wedding that was happening on December 27th.  I was in charge of soups for the wedding luncheon so I was shopping cleaning and cooking most of the day after Christmas. My brother Justin was in charge of painting a "Tangled" boat scene backdrop for the reception. My sisters Heidi and Holly were working on the wedding cake. Holly was also the wedding photographer. My aunt Trish and my cousin Meadow were in charge of flowers. My parents and siblings, including Jesse and Kelsy, were decorating the church with hundreds of lanterns hanging from the ceiling and pictures of Karli Sue and Grant, and trees and shrubbery. Who needs a wedding planner with all that talent right? 
Friday the 27th came and we all primped up to be beautiful for Karli Sue's big day. I got all the soups and crockpots ready and took them to the church prior to the ceremony hoping to save myself some work, but it was locked, so I had to heat them up after the ceremony, which worked out fine. My girls were bridesmaids and had beautiful dresses and I'm mad because I only got one semi good picture of them. The temple wedding was wonderful, the spirit was strong, and we were all so happy for Karli Sue. Grant is a great match for her. We waited for her to come out of the temple forEVER, apparently her dress has some lacing on the back that takes a LONG time to lace together. So a lot of these pictures are her fans waiting for her to come out of the temple. She was a very beautiful bride!!!
The wedding luncheon went well, people liked the soup enough to eat it, and we all toasted Karli and Grant. We then went home to rest a bit before the reception.  What a beautifully decorated reception!  The lanterns looked amazing!  Everything went very well, the flowers the Terry's did were beautiful, Gabe DJ'ed we danced, and Waffle Love (the Terry's) came and catered, and we all got our own luminaries at the end to launch off into the winter night as Karli and Grant left. The cardboard cut out of a cartoon character was to represent Krystal. We stayed to help clean up and then came home and crashed.  What a day! The next day we tried to relax some, and we broke in the hot tub which we haven't turned on yet this winter. I'm sure most of the people in my family were plum tuckered out that day, but Karli Sue and Grant were totally worth it. :)  We are so blessed!


































 







1 comment:

Karli Sue said...

oh what a beautiful post!!! Thank you for all your help, it was the most amazing wedding ever! I love you

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family