Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Weston is a busy boy

Weston has been helping me accompany the Lindon Elementary Orchestra this year, when Savanna was in the orchestra I was the volunteer pianist, so I thought why not try to train a elementary student to be the pianist, and that student is Weston. We go every Tuesday and Friday early to the orchestra rehearsals and he plays the piano for all the students on their string instruments. I play the hard songs and he plays the easy songs, and we both play the medium songs, him on one hand and me on the other. Its really helping him improve his sight reading and playing on a beat, and I'm so glad he has the opportunity. Maybe by the time he is in 6th grade he will be good enough to play on his own! I wasn't able to get a picture of him but this last Friday was the winter concert recital and he did a great job!!!

Weston spent a good part of his Saturday today delivering his popcorn orders from his gym meet fundraiser. He did a great job on his first official meet, he got high enough scores to qualify for competing in the out of area meets, and didn't have to go to the 2nd qualifying meet. Here is an email I got from his coach Blake regarding discipline on the team: "By the way, I don't know if I really have ever had any problems with Weston. He is great and is getting better and better every day. He really has come a long way since I started coaching him. I like Weston a lot and he sets a good example for the rest of the team I look forward to seeing him on Tuesday!"

Weston has made a goal to practice 30 minutes a day except orchestra days in order to earn some legos. So far he has met that goal.  What with gym, piano, scouts, and school you might be wondering if this kid has a childhood...he is our million dollar investment!  We hope he takes care of us when we are old a feeble and he is rich and famous.  J/K  He does have lots on his plate and gets a little discouraged  on the days he has lots of homework, but he has plenty of time to play on the iPad and with his toys so don't feel too badly for him. And anyway he loves loves loves his gymnastics  --he likes to get there 15 minutes early to have free reign of the equipment, and sometimes even stays after his three hour class to work on his routines while we are out in the car wondering where he is.  At the ward Christmas party tonight he spent half the time out in the halls doing flips. He is a marvel to us.

1 comment:

Cami said...

That is so great! I think I should let Jeff earn some legos, because he HATES practicing, but too bad. If he gets to learn a love of video games from his dad, he will be forced to learn a love of music from me!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family