Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April comes to an end

Just so Weston doesn't feel left out, here is a short music video of him too. He's so funny.


What happens when you try to eliminate refined sugar and flour and simple carbs from the menu in your household?  Everyone goes over your head and makes what they want! Even though I cook 3 meals a day, the kids and Jared are swarming the kitchen in between meals making bread, smoothies, nachos, waffles, and sneaking snacks, anything to curb their voracious simple carb addictions that they insist they don't have. I am not offended nor do I stop them, it will take time. Besides, they are learning how to cook.  Savanna has been trying out recipes in the bread maker, and she takes pictures of her bread after its done. Weston learned how to make waffles Saturday, he was quite nervous about it because he hasn't done much cooking in his life, but it was successful! His confidence has boosted since he did a pretty good job. Fiora has mastered the art of chocolate banana milk, and peanut butter banana milk.  Jared has done pretty good staying away from sweets, but he loves chips and bread, so he makes nachos and he loves dipping bread in oil and spices. Meanwhile I am on day 10 of my strict no carb sugar detox, and day 30 of my eliminate sugar from my diet, and I am feeling great! So I make such things as salad, tomato basil quiche, pork chops and brussles sprouts and cabbage, beef and broccoli in shallot marinade, lemon and olive squash noodles, cauliflower soup, and veggie root hash. In between I snack on non sweetened all natural yogurt and nuts, with an occasional green apple. Some new recipes are a big hit, and others are a learning curve. I'm grateful for the time and money I had in April to make this change happen.







The kids are excited to be done with their no-sugar contract, even though I'm going to do everything in my power to keep them as limited as possible on excessive sugar consumption. For Fiora and Weston, going to cousin Aeven's 1st birthday and not having the candy and cake there just about did them in on Monday. It was so funny to me to see all the little kids running around eating suckers, and trying to feed their suckers to Justin and Kali's dog, and all the adults saying "Don't give the dog candy, he'll get sick." LOL. Why are we giving to our kids what we won't feed animals? I was laughing inside, Holly said I was a little extreme. Probably right, I've always been peculiar (determined) once I set my mind to something.

No comments:

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family