Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Whatever Fi had, Sav and Wes got

Sav started to feel tired and coughy on Saturday June 28th, and I wondered if she had caught the flu Fiora had that she came home from Clear Creek with.  She managed to pull herself together to help with Shawna Schauers' sisters' reception that evening, she asked her friend Elandria Cuevas and Fiora asked her friend Jaquelyn Guernsy to be servers at the reception, and they were so darling helping out. Weston helped by playing with 3 year old cousin Ethan. I got to hold Tate.  It was a beautiful summer evening.



The next day Savanna had a fever and was super tired, and I knew she had the mono-like virus Fiora had for two weeks that results in a bad cough. Indeed she did, and the whole entire week she spent lying on the couch, a bed, or a floor, and had no appetite, had a low grade fever for 8 straight days, and the cough got progressively worse. Jared gave her a blessing, and on July 4th she seemed to be a little better so we let her go to the Independence day BBQ and fireworks and Justin and Shawna's and let her babysit for them the next day, but that seemed to wipe her out and she had the fever again. By July 7th I was getting worried because Fiora was on the mend by this time, but Save instead was getting worse. . I tried to make her go to volley ball camp I'd signed her up for a couple weeks ago thinking it would help her body get over it, but it just wiped her out more.  When she refused to get out of bed for Rachel's birthday party at our home I knew something was not right. She broke out in a rash all over her arms and legs and her fever continued and she would get winded walking from her bed to the bathroom, so Tuesday I finally took her to the doctor.  The weird flu had turned into pnemonia, both lungs were infected, and the rash was a fever rash. She had walking pnemonia for during Jan and Feb, so her lungs were probably weak and vulnerable to it whereas Fiora just got better. We got her some antibiotics, that make her feel nauseous, and she is working on getting better, but its slow. She still paints nails now and again, but mostly she hangs out on the couch or makeshift bed in the office feeling tired. Poor Savanna, this is not how she wanted to spend her summer.

Unfortunately last night at my dad's 60th birthday party Weston started complaining of a headache and laid on a blanket and spiked a fever, so it must have caught up to him too and will run its course. Darn darn darny darn darn.  Its hard for me to see my kids so sick during summer when they are supposed to play and have fun! (and I have to pick up their slack and do the chores around here!)  At least they aren't missing school.  Poor Weston will probably miss eight hours of gymnastics classes trying to get over this. Hopefully he will bounce back quicker than Sav.

 This is my sister and brother Joseph all ready for Trek, I thought they looked SO cute I had to put it in my blog book. Rachel just turned sixteen and Joseph turned fourteen this summer.  They are a couple of the best behaved kids in the world, high standards, loving hearts, and responsible.  They had a great trek experience. I stayed overnight to help them watch over Grandma Rappleye, and they talked to me bout it for an hour and a half!  Love these two.

No comments:

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family