Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Braces off yay, cut hand boo


 Savanna got her braces off at long last. She had them on for 2 years and 5 months which is 1 year longer than they originally told us it would take. See how much younger she looks when she got them on. Blue shirt and bangs was in March 2012, orange shirt and no bangs was July 1014.



 She looks very nice, her smile is beautiful now! She doesn't much like the retainer but its better than the braces.


The next day I injured my hand. I was cutting a yellow squash on a vegetable cutter similar to a cheese slicer, and I foolishly wasn't using the hand-guard that prevents this very thing from happening, and I cut through the yellow squash and right into my palm. Thankfully it didn't damage any muscles or nerves, but I did require 14 stitches and a lot of pain in order to get my skin back where it needed to be. Savanna helped me get to the instacare and was very brave at the sight of so much blood. This has slowed me down this week some, can't write or type as fast as I used to, and cooking is a bit tricky as well. Painful and annoying accident.
Couldn't do weights this week with a bum hand, so Thursday I took the girls to hike to a waterfall in PG not far from our house while Wes was at gym. It was very lovely.

 I promised Weston I would take him to the Scera pool because he missed the boys team pool party last week, and I hope I remember that the kids don't even really like it there, the pool people made me pay even though I was injured and couldn't swim, and the kids only stayed an hour, and it was too much money. The Lindon pool is perfectly adequate for a swim day. Weston showed off his muscles while we were there.



Fiora had a fun time at an art camp held by a lady in our ward. She was skeptical about going but actually enjoyed every minute of it, so I'm glad I signed her up. More rewarding for Fiora than the authors camp and it was 1/5 the cost and two houses away.


1 comment:

LL said...

Yikes! Your hand looks terrible - I'm glad you're going to be ok!!

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family