Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Monday, January 19, 2015

A Weston Post

Weston made a goal to get a 62 overall score at a gym meet this season, Jared and I were trying to tell him its ok if you want to make it a 60, but he insisted 62. He blew us away and met his goal this weekend at his gym's home meet! So fun to watch him perform and see his hard work pay off and we are glad he met his goal. Next goal, its ok if you're not #1 next meet, after all he has always been a champion in our eyes.

http://youtu.be/mMceCHDvYDc






1st place overall in his division! That's him with the beanie


They let Weston take the team trophy home because he had the highest score
Fiora came with us to the 4 1/2 hour meet, and was very patient and watched movies on her kindle, and even watched Weston at his events a couple times. We were all starving after and went to Maria Bonita's to celebrate. After so much stress and so long without food Weston was starving but in no place to "rest and digest" and that night he threw it all up, poor kid, but he is still on cloud nine about his performance so its all good.







My parents came over to visit so my mom and I could practice a musical number I volunteered to do this last Sunday, and while we were practicing my dad went downstairs and nosed around. He went into Weston's room and noticed 4 piles of clothes neatly folded on his floor, his gym medals lined up carefully on a shelf, his legos all put together and on display on his shelves, and his bed, unmade but all the covers neatly stacked together and pulled back in a neat triangle. Then he went into Fiora's room and could barely see the floor and couldn't tell where the bed ended because of blankets and objects on the floor, then he went into Savanna's room and couldn't open the door because of the piles of clothes everywere...then he walked back into Weston's room and Weston came up behind him and said "Sorry about the mess."(referring to the folded clothes on the floor instead of in the dresser and the unmade bed).  Dad had a good laugh.  That's Weston for you!
After his gym meet I started having some anxiety that this win would go to his head so I was trying to tell him "You're not better than anyone, you met your goal and that's the important thing, but God and I don't love you any more or less because of a win."  He is the type of kid who is hard not to love, he is conscientious of how I feel and tries to help me out, he wants to do the right thing and asks me what he can do to help, he is organized and talented, he is just an all around awesome kid. I was very overwhelmed when I got pregnant with Weston so soon after having Fiora, but the spirit whispered to me I would be eternally grateful for my son, and that is surely true.

1 comment:

Karli Sue said...

Love it! So proud of Wes! Can't wait to be home and see you all

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family