Family Picture May 2022

Family Picture May 2022

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Savanna Post



Savanna is still plugging away at Jr High, dealing with Jr High drama but surviving the stress and adapting which is good for her. She is definitely a survivor! She gets hurt fast and deep but she bounces back quickly. She's still a great debater, has Jared's love of loud pop culture music and my singing voice so she can really raise the roof when she sings, but still refuses to join the ward choir! She has (I think) reached her max height at 5'3" and gets a little miffed because she has a Schauers build rather than a Heather build.  Not many people in this world have the scrawny Heather build so its a sorry comparison to live with, and in spite of it I think she is mustering the inner courage to love her looks and body, for which I am so proud of her because at her age that is very hard.  I just cry when I think of how beautiful my Savanna is, and wonder if she will ever see herself the way I do. She is also smart, funny, musically talented, and has a strong testimony and a strong spirit.


Savanna is my sunshine. Her hair is usually done with perfection, so I hope she's not mad I put a picture on here where her hair isn't done. She is the child most like me when it comes to my own limitations, (except she seems to get over things quicker) sometimes its a painful look in the mirror. For example, when I'm rattling off all my great answers to Fiora's life's problems and in comes Savanna sits down and starts rattling off all her great answers to Fiora's life's problems, and suddenly everything I was saying sounds so ridiculous, haughty, and unempathetic I just cringe. We are both oldest childs, we are inborn with a "know-it-all" computer chip in our brain, and its taken years for me to try to reprogram my brain so it should come to no surprise that Savanna is still hard wired that way. Savanna loves to make me laugh and feel happy, she also likes to let me know when I'm correcting her about something that I behave the very same as she just did in my weak moments. How can you argue with that? Yes, I'm human and I don't always handle things very well, I'm not nice and impatient and irritable when I don't feel good, just like you, and I really have no leg to stand on trying to get you to find other ways to handle yourself in this situation, so...if neither of us likes it when the other acts this way, its a maladaptive behavior that gets us no where, why do we do it and what do we do instead? Maybe that is a life long lesson to be learned. Interestingly enough, because we share this limitation we both notice when the other is trying very hard to be agreeable even though we are hurting inside or outside, and we both compliment the other when we do.  We both have fire coming out of our eyes when we are pushed beyond our patience limit, but we both have sunshine and love pouring out of us when we are in a good place mentally/physically. There's nothing better than to have Savanna in your corner and her joyful spirit in your company. She has helped me find some inner peace because I love her so much despite her limitations, it helps me to love myself despite my similar limitations instead of constantly feeling disappointment with myself, and I needed some self awareness and self correction for which no other spiritual being could ever have given me. I'm so grateful Heavenly Father gave me Sav. Love you.
Savanna age 12 months

No comments:

In Memory of Lillian

In Memory of Lillian
Our Family